Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Gotta whine to somebody

Post Thanks / Like

Default Gotta whine to somebody

cause nobody up here wants to hear it. OK, so had a great week end trip planned to Reelfoot huntin 1 lb + shellys, and some good crappie if they wanted to indulge. Got my boat hooked up and ready to go aout 11:30 Friday morn, and realllllly feelin good about this whole adventure. At 11:35 the wind came up, it started rainin, and by 11:45 we had 90 mp straight line winds for 35 minutes. The first 20 min. was from the West, then it switched around and came at us from the North. They, "weather experts", called it an inland hurricane. Convienced me!!!!!

By the time my "Perfect Storm" had blowed thu, I had 17 full growed, bueatiful white oak trees, not broken, but uprooted. Luckily no damage to the house, and I did get my boat back in the garage as it was hittin. My Yukon was left in the EXACT same place where I unhooked the boat from, and when I went back outside it was jacked about 1 1/2 foot sideways and about 10 " from the boat hook up. Whew!!!!

Lectricity didn't come back till early this am (Monday), and obviously didn't
    make it to the Foot. They got 7 inches and I understand that where I usually put in had water up in the parkin lot by the trash cans.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, like you have always heard me say - Just let me plan a fishin trip and you got a really good chance for another "perfect Storm".

Seriously though, as the Dee part of Jimmydee, and I surveyed the landscape, with no electricty, trees everywhere, we thanked Him that nobody in our community of about 10,000 that got hit as we did, were hurt. Also prayed and thanked the Good Lord, cause with all that we didn't have for a few hours, we still have more than 95% of the rest of the people around the world. We are soooo Blessed.

Thanks for the therapy session men. It sure did feel good to say it outloud to folks who know about fishin trips gettin foiled. Gonna try it again next weekend, but I ain't say crap to nobody bout it till I'm pullin out.
    Last edited by jimmydee1; 05-11-2009 at 10:58 AM. Reason: spelling

Post Thanks / Like

Jimmy, if you don't mind, please plan your trip for Sunday, not Saturday. Thanks for your time and consideration.

Glad you're OK. Got way too much invested in you to have to start over with some new MO Gewber.

Wannabe...
    Wannabe...v2.0
    A lot like the old Wannabe... except with fewer bad words. And Karate chop action. But, yes, still purtier than you.