Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: trolling motor, first gear not working..just a clicking sound

Post Thanks / Like

Default trolling motor, first gear not working..just a clicking sound

hey guys, it seems that there is a short or either it has just gone bad but when i turn the handle forward it seems the first gear is out but it will click when you get about to the second gear and works perfect from there forward. Unfortunalty, I need that first gear if I am gonna learn this spider rigging thing. Can i replace a certian part or are these things just not worth the effort and I should just buy a new one? Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

let me guess, you have a motorguide? different way of problem...my foot control would not work on speed 2 , which is the exact speed I need as well....

luckily mine was under warranty...the service center is in a not so good area of Memphis....you might try calling the guy in Sardis , Performance Marine , right off the highway....

good luck....

Post Thanks / Like

MSbanker, don't know if you want to come to jackson or not but BPS is putting their 55lb foot control on sale starting on the 16th. i bought one of these back before christmas for my aluminum boat and it worked great while i was fishing the shallows. I think it is going to sale for $249 instead of $449

Post Thanks / Like

If you've got good spark and your filter is clean, the only other thing it could be is the fuel.

That's a hinkey problem you've got there that will probably turn out to be a bad board/controller, but you might tear into it and see if you've got bad contact somewhere before you decide to junk it.

I'd be pretty leary of that Prowler TM from BPS, I've heard some complaints on them. If cost is an issue, check out the Vari-Max from MG. Very attractive price for a variable speed TM - this coming from a MK dude.

Awww, shoot, for a MSbanker, why not just turn loose of some of that TARP money and get you a Terrova or a Fortrex and be done with it.

Wannabe...
    Wannabe...v2.0
    A lot like the old Wannabe... except with fewer bad words. And Karate chop action. But, yes, still purtier than you.