Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Aaarrrrrgggghhhhh!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Aaarrrrrgggghhhhh!!!!!!

Been so busy I havent been crappie fishing in 3 weeks...cept for that one 3 hr trip 2 weeks ago and now my wife just had surgery this morning!! Dont know when I'll get a chance to go again...bad thing is all I've really ever done is spawn fish , I've never trolled ...dont have a clue how to start anyway. I know the window is rapidly closing on the spawn to....maybe I can sneak out first of the week if I can find someone to stay with her...lol...dang ole crappie bug has done got me bad!! Been years since I've had this fever!:D

Post Thanks / Like

Spawn ending ain't the end. Fish gotta eat year round. You don't have to troll to catch 'em either. Though it is a bit more productive at times. I used to be one of those guys who hated trollin'. Thought trollin' wasn't fishing, just harvesting. Well, I gave it a try, and found out real quick that it was a lot easier in theory than in practice. I still prefer to feel that thump on a single pole but, as I get older, and my ailing shoulders get worse, I find myself enjoying sitting back and watching those tips, and letting those rod holders take the stress of holding a pole all day.
    Carl's Guide Service
    Sardis Lake
    Enid Lake
    Grenada Lake
    901-734-7536

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Yep as you get older your body starts to get even with you for all the abuse you put it thru all those years of usinig a cane pole to fiberglass and then throw in bow hunting it takes its toll on your shoulders. Trolling is a great option. Its easier on your bod. And with some practice you can get into some tight spots and get them out of heavy cover.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jimfish View Post
    Yep as you get older your body starts to get even with you for all the abuse you put it thru all those years of usinig a cane pole to fiberglass and then throw in bow hunting it takes its toll on your shoulders. Trolling is a great option. Its easier on your bod. And with some practice you can get into some tight spots and get them out of heavy cover.
    Thats just the fun stuff, add in lifting compressors and condensing units and there goes the back as well. Trolling is a much better option .

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by sticksteer View Post
    Thats just the fun stuff, add in lifting compressors and condensing units and there goes the back as well. Trolling is a much better option .
    Toted a bunch of them dudes.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER