Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: What to do now

Post Thanks / Like

Default What to do now

Ok. I would just like to know what you guys think works when the water rises fast. I am on the Tenn-Tom waterway and in one day the water rises a little over 2.5 feet which is pretty big for the waterway. Before the rise I was catching fish everywhere from 1.5 feet deep to 12 feet deep. Going to get after them and like to always have a plan to start with. So my plan is avoid muddy water and current that rules out alot of water. Next is the tricky part. Should I focus on shallower or deeper water? Does the rise tend to send more crappie in close and even further back in the backwater? Will the crappie that were 12 feet deep remain there and just be 14 feet deep? What is your experience when there is a quick jump in water level?

Post Thanks / Like

Default I'd say follow the depth

you were fishing at. If you were catching them in 1.5 foot of water, find some water thats the same depth around some trees and grass
    proud member of "Team Cup"

Post Thanks / Like

High muddy water = go to the bank fish shallow
    B&M Pro Staff
    Driftmaster Pro Staff
    TEAM BAIT PUMP
    MAGNOLIA CRAPPIE CLUB

Post Thanks / Like

While I'm still ticked at slab for completely ignoring my Smack Wannabe for a Bait Pump idea, I do agree with him. The fish will follow the water up into the new stuff and stay for a few days until the next front moves them somewhere else, which probably won't be long.

Then again, I'm just a

Wannabe...
    Wannabe...v2.0
    A lot like the old Wannabe... except with fewer bad words. And Karate chop action. But, yes, still purtier than you.