Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: handmade bows

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up handmade bows

hello everyone i haven,t been into hunting very much in the last few years butttttt i have a friend that makes bows and he is making me a handmade bow so it just seems natural for me to hunt this season also would like to know if anyone else has a bow that someone made for them sorry don,t have any pix yet but just found out yesterday about this and was told it would take a month to get it finished am excited to see what the finished product will look like it is a longbow and was told he would make a recurved bow if i wanted one guess it pays to have friends
    "If in this life you have a good wife, at least one good dog, 1 good horse, 1 great fishing boat and a decent truck to pull it with and enough sense to know which is the most important then you have truly been blessed."

Post Thanks / Like

You're gonna have BUNCH o' fun, bud!

Bow hunting is the only ticket for me. But it ranks second, this year (for the first time) to my crappie fishin'. I reckon that's why I still have not taken my turkey this Spring.

BUT....I have a goodly bunch o' specks in the freezer. SO, all is not lost.

Like I say, come Fall, "You're gonna have a BUNCH o' fun."

aj

Post Thanks / Like

I am just returning to bow hunting also. Got two does last season with my Mathews. I had a 13 year lay-off of bows does to a surgery on my hand. I believe I rank it a little above my fishing Your gonna love a longbow!
    Was that a bite? Forgot what they feel like!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys i have never hunted with a bow . My friend made a comment about making bows and i said i would like to have one so here we go. I have used one of the cheap bows when i was a kid in my teens but never have hunted with one. I hope i enjoy it as much as i think i will because if i like the longbow i am going to get him to make the recurved bow also.
    "If in this life you have a good wife, at least one good dog, 1 good horse, 1 great fishing boat and a decent truck to pull it with and enough sense to know which is the most important then you have truly been blessed."

Post Thanks / Like

If you like to gun hunt, don't pick up that bow. I hunt with my bow during gun season until December, then if I still have any tags left, I might pickup my gun.

Post Thanks / Like

You'll have a blast with longbows and recurves, I've been hunting with them for 10 years now and love it. Check out tradgang.com if you want to learn more about shooting and hunting with them, great forum like this one.
    2018 Crappie Masters Kentucky/Tennessee State Champion