Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Now that it's almost over

Post Thanks / Like

Default Now that it's almost over

I'd say about 75 percent over with. After the spawn, where do the big one's go? Guess this whole year will be a learning process for me since it's my first year of FULL TIME Crappie fishing. LOL Everything I've read though says they don;t bite much right after they spawn but I'm guess they head back to the first drops to start with, then back to deep water and find the thermacline
    proud member of "Team Cup"

Post Thanks / Like

Default Almost Over

Sounds like your right on target. I like to get after the bluegills while the crappie recoop from the spawn.
    Why is this your first year fishing for crappie, you've been and ole green carp fisherman, and finally got your head right or som'em.

crappie cowboy

Post Thanks / Like

Default I always fished for

Bream in a former life and only picked up Crappie fishing seriously this last fall, late in the year. Jad done some Crappie fishing during the spawn the last couple years but not much. Have flyrod, will travel for some Bream!!! Did some green carp fishing but Bream, both Bluegill and Chinkipen were what I always fished for, just alot better eating than the green carp. I always ragged my brothers for Crappie fishing until I got the bug. Darned addicting when you learn how to catch a few

Post Thanks / Like

Just wait until they move deep and you learn how to wear them out on crankbaits. FUUUUUUUUUN!

With the full moon approaching, I was thinking about breaking out my fly rod for some Bream. Have not done that in about four years. Few things better than that fly rolling out, popping the top of the water and being sucked in by a big ol' bream!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sho is fun what that bull blue smacks that top water fly

I'll head down to Lake Ross barnett hopefully on the way home sunday and flyfish the banks for abit. MAn there's some nice bream in there. They've got a good many over 2 pounds and some pushing 3 pounds

Post Thanks / Like

I have a clear little honey hole where you can just see the beds in there....waaaaaaahoooooo!

Post Thanks / Like

OK you two, that does it! I will be bream fishing this saturday!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Yall better go cause their beding fished about an hour yesterday and about an hour this morning and bout filled up a 48qt cooler with big bream.

Post Thanks / Like

Default I'm hoping that lake where we're going this weekend has some nice Bream in it

When I went and looked around that day, I picked up several small bream but it was mid day and they love a fly EARLY in the morning. Take some Crickets though JUST IN CASE

Post Thanks / Like

Or --- you could kidnap WB and let him stand in the water and rub his skinny little ole legs together. Kinda sounds like a cricket, and he could tell you when they comin.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast