Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lakeview - Rainy Sunday

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lakeview - Rainy Sunday

For those of you that stayed nice and dry inside your palatial mansions on Sunday, shame on you!

And for the other dozen or so brave souls who ventured forth in the cool steady rain I only hope you were able to find the fish as I did.

To be honest I only saw 2 other boats in the area where I found the fish. And both of them were drowning minnows with much success too. There was a lot of boat activity as everyone appeared to be trying to locate what a very few of us had found.

The fish are biting and when they hit my jig it was a resounding BUMP!. I found the fish quite by accident as I was watching someone else in the distance to see if they were having any luck. A huge black male managed to land in my boat. In an hour I then had my limit.

I also chose to release 5 that I measured at 10.5 inches but with not one but two Miss. game wardens sitting at the boat landing I decided on caution and kept nothing less than 11" fish. What a blast in a steady cold rain where the lake water was much warmer than the air...

Hint: Don't expect to find the fish where you would normally find them. They are only about 1.5 ft. from the surface. No trees. No grass. No trolling. Think outside the box...

See you all this weekend, but don't forget Mother's Day!!!

Post Thanks / Like

RiverDelta, were you in Mud Lake? I was there yesterday and managed to only catch 4 nice crappie. Next time I will be sure to spy on you to see what you are up to

Post Thanks / Like

MarshJohn,
    Nope. Too much grass/moss in Mud for me.

Look for me in the big pontoon boat and come on over!!!

Although I have heard more than one report of people catching fish in the grass and then having to dismantle their trolling motors at night so that they will function the next day. That sounds like too much work to me...

Post Thanks / Like

Was that you in the G3 Pontoon Boat yesterday?

Post Thanks / Like

Nope.

Post Thanks / Like

River is kinda tight lipped on the details......and yall said these crappie people was a friendly bunch...sheesh not even ONE gps coord. Whats this world coming to?
    Stick yo jig in there!

Post Thanks / Like

biggerjigger,

We are friendly We just don't like to give the house away...

Plus MarshJohn knows what my boat looks like. He'll find me...

Post Thanks / Like

Well, yeah, sure but how do you expect the rest of us to claim jump ya with you being so secretive and all.

Wannabe...
    Wannabe...v2.0
    A lot like the old Wannabe... except with fewer bad words. And Karate chop action. But, yes, still purtier than you.

Post Thanks / Like

WB, ya couldn't even find lakeview if ya had a map.:rolleyes: That there is yankee country!:D
    Carl's Guide Service
    Sardis Lake
    Enid Lake
    Grenada Lake
    901-734-7536

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I don't seem to recall you being in a pontoon boat! Time to break out the binoculars.

I went to Lakeview this afternoon and fished from 5 Pm to 7:30 Pm. Caught 5 with only 1 being a keeper. I should have fished for Bream as there was another boat at the ramp where the guys had about 50 bream. They were huge!
    Last edited by marshjohn; 05-04-2009 at 10:39 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast