Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Enid Report

Post Thanks / Like

Default Enid Report

Fished about three hours yesterday in the forecasted 5 mph winds. More like a steady 10-12!

Managed to pick up 5 good keepers in that time frame and probably another 5-7 throwbacks. Oh, and one 3 lb catfish!

All were females with eggs dark grey and beginning to go down. They may be winding up spawning but these ladies were hungry, they would absolutely murder a minner!! All caught in and around a channel that went from 3.5-5' deep.

Post Thanks / Like

Still in Long Branch?
    [SIGPIC]Drake Waterfowl Prostaff, Dakota Decoys Prostaff,F&F Boats, Mercury Marine, Rig Em Right, Crappie Logic Jigs, Slab Bandits, Hayes Calls, and Kick's Choke Tubes.

Post Thanks / Like

Fished Long Branch last evening and this morning. Yesterday day from about 6:45 to 8ish, we caught 7 keepers (13 to 16" with most of them around 14.5). Of that 7, we had one male, and the rest were swole up females. This morning from 5:30 to about 7:30 I caught 5 keepers running around 13 to 14". 4 males and 1 female.

We were fishing 18" to 2' deep in about 3FOW, but we weren't trolling. We were jigging around treetops and stumps. This morning I even put me a cork on my jig pole. Jimmdee1 got me thinking too much about it, and I had to give it a try.

While I was out there, I talked to some guys who weren't having any luck at all shallow, and were catching some in deeper water. I think Bassnomo said he was catching them pretty good in deeper water, but I'll let him confirm that.

Post Thanks / Like

Ya'll gonna keep on, and I'm comming up there...

Post Thanks / Like

I will be over all weekend. Going to the Beale Street Music fest Friday night, got to hear Steve Miller Band, then I will be fishing Sat and Sunday.

I am going to run my world famous stick baits and fill the boat up.
    [SIGPIC]Drake Waterfowl Prostaff, Dakota Decoys Prostaff,F&F Boats, Mercury Marine, Rig Em Right, Crappie Logic Jigs, Slab Bandits, Hayes Calls, and Kick's Choke Tubes.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a great time Torch, but where do you park your boat at Beale Street???

Post Thanks / Like

Torch, what's a stick bait? I might need to go ahead and get some of them. I ain't opposed to the idea of a boat filling up. It would be nice to try that...well I always try it, but it would be nice to actually do it.

Post Thanks / Like

You not gonna find Torch's stick baits at BPS....I can tell you that!

Post Thanks / Like

Am I going to have to special order them from China? Or maybe from Acme USA? Are they Wile E. Coyote's?

No no no...homemade deals!

Post Thanks / Like

Heck, I thought it was a type o. I thought he meant to say stink baits. But I know this - if stink bait worked, Torch would be using it. You can believe that....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast