Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Back in Town

Post Thanks / Like

Default Back in Town

Hi Gang,

Any of you Lip Rippers been passing the jig by a hungry Crappie? I've been in South Texas the better part of a month and haven't had a chance to try them. The bit should be starting back up this month.....
    Hold My beer and watch this sheeet!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Tommy,
    I went a few days ago and caught nearly thirty tiny ones, none big enough to keep. I was called back to work for a few days and haven't been back. My lake's infested with jet skis, this weekend, and I don't fight them anymore. I agree, this is the month it should pick up and I'm planning on being out there, when I can.---Pooch

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy
    Hi Gang,

Any of you Lip Rippers been passing the jig by a hungry Crappie? I've been in South Texas the better part of a month and haven't had a chance to try them. The bit should be starting back up this month.....

Glad to see you back Tommy. I haven't been ripping any lips lately, though. The fishing is still slow, even if Dave did fairly well thursday. He went back the next day and was shut out, just a few 'tater chips. We're hopeing the bite will be on for the tournament. In case didn't I mention the details, he caught Thursday's fish on a blue and white jig between 8 and 12 ft. The bite was 1:30 to 2:30, and then nothing. Finicky little devils......Good fishing!

Pooch....As fish hungry as I am, I would have been eating those little guys as I caught 'em. lol.....As you, we're still hoping for more cool weather to get them in a more positive attitude. There's a minor front moving in, maybe it will stir 'em up some. Seems you and Tommy are getting in quite a few hours lately. Be careful out there. Keep us posted and good luck!