Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: stagecoach or wagontrain

Post Thanks / Like

Default stagecoach or wagontrain

how is the crappie fishing at either of these lakes. will be in the area for a while and trying to decide if i should take my boat and try to fish in the evenings.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down

Stagecoach is a 195 acre lake and has some crappie in it. I have never fished it. The lake is restricted to 5 mph no wake. It has a concrete boat ramp with primitive and modern campsites. I would imagine that there will be some nice crappie in it but most will be small ones.

Wagon Train Lake is a little larger lake and is 395 acre lake. There isn't any Crappie listed as being stocked in it, but has bluegill, catfish, largemouth bass and, walleye. Most of these smaller lakes are going to have size limits on them to where you can't catch and keep a legal fish.

If you wanted to travel a little farther, than I would recomend going to Branched Oak Lake which is by Malcom by Lincoln. It is 1800 acres and would be worth your time to fish it. There is good Crappie in it and can generally catch 11-12 inch crappie from it. There are several concrete boat ramps available along with modern and primitive camp sites. This is an open speed lake, except in limited area's. I would bring a boat to fish this lake.

Hope this helps you out will your choice to bring a boat with you. EB
    Last edited by Eager Beaver; 04-12-2009 at 07:21 PM.
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p