Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Low water, where to go?

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Low water, where to go?

I live in Broussard and have fished the basin all my life, but I only concentrated on certain areas (gravenburge area, beau bayou area, very little luck in Henderson). When the water gets below 5 ft. these areas become impossible for me to reach. Does anyone have any suggestions where to catch sac-a-lait during Sept/Oct when the water gets to low for these area. Any help and directions would be appreciated.

BASINFISHER

Post Thanks / Like

Basin fisher Have you ever fished MaMa's pond? What landing do you put down at? When the water is too low I put down at Benoit landing and do most of my fishing around the landing there is deep water all around it I also fish to the left of the landing around the cypress trees and I fish the cut to the left of the landing off of the bank mainly in the middle of the canal if there isn't much boat traffic but there is always alot of traffic there.If you put down at sandy cove landing have you been past grevenburge and thru bee hive chute into the miller's canal
    another good spot.millers is to the left there is a big production platform on the left when you enter and I fish the right bank on all the laydowns.If you don't mind taking a drive to center ville and putting down at the verdunville landing I could tell you plenty spots to try from there.Also charenton beach landing behind Baldwin off the levee has some great spots across from the launch spot that holds nice sacalait.Better than that next time me and my brother Deacon hook up I'll leave you a post and if your' able to you can follow us when do you leave out again?
    Last edited by sacalait steve; 08-31-2004 at 07:29 PM.
    GOT BITE? -----~<*)###>{

Post Thanks / Like

SACALAIT STEVE,

I don't mind driving to catch sacalait. I already drive about 1 hour to get to gravenburg. I also fish bayou benoit but have never had luck. I have never fished mamas pond but do know where it is. Always thought it was too shallow to hold sacalait. As for millers chute, i have heard of it, am somewhat familiar as to the approximate area, but have never been there. I would drive to the vernundale landing and the baldwin landing but do not know how to get to either.
    You have been very helpful, thanks. Alot of people are not willing to tell people where to catch fish.

Post Thanks / Like

Basinfisher I get as much info as I give on this site.I would tell you spots near centerville and Balwin but it is very difficult to decribe with out getting you lost. I really wuuldn't mind if you followed along sometime because it is always better to go in two boats when able when you are fishing the basin
    cause you can go all day without seeing anyone especially when you go deep into the basin and I have spent part of a nite in it due to boat trouble and don't wish to do it again.
    GOT BITE? -----~<*)###>{

Post Thanks / Like

sacalait steve,

I will not be home until the middle of September(around the 15th) and plan to do alot of sacalait fishing. I would love to follow along if you don't mind. I always like trying and learning new fishing spots. You are right, boats are like heads, two is always better than one.

basinfisher
    Last edited by basinfisher; 09-01-2004 at 06:58 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sacalait steve
    Basinfisher I get as much info as I give on this site.I would tell you spots near centerville and Balwin but it is very difficult to decribe with out getting you lost. I really wuuldn't mind if you followed along sometime because it is always better to go in two boats when able when you are fishing the basin
    cause you can go all day without seeing anyone especially when you go deep into the basin and I have spent part of a nite in it due to boat trouble and don't wish to do it again.
    Sacalait Steve, If you and Deacon are going fishing next week, I would like to follow you guys if you don't mind. I really want to learn the basin south of charenton. I have never fished that area.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by basinfisher
    SACALAIT STEVE,

I don't mind driving to catch sacalait. I already drive about 1 hour to get to gravenburg. I also fish bayou benoit but have never had luck. I have never fished mamas pond but do know where it is. Always thought it was too shallow to hold sacalait. As for millers chute, i have heard of it, am somewhat familiar as to the approximate area, but have never been there. I would drive to the vernundale landing and the baldwin landing but do not know how to get to either.
    You have been very helpful, thanks. Alot of people are not willing to tell people where to catch fish.
    Basinfisher,
    Check my post on Quintana canal by Franklin. Man I do not mind telling people where they are biting. Not to do so is selfish. I believe this is a sport and we should all practice good sportsman ship. UNLESS, we are about to fish in a tournament. Then you got to wait till its over.
    We will hook-up and do some fishing. Real soon.
    Keep the faith.
    I can't leave now; They fixen to turn on.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by basinfisher
    Sacalait Steve, If you and Deacon are going fishing next week, I would like to follow you guys if you don't mind. I really want to learn the basin south of charenton. I have never fished that area.
    SacalaitSteve,
    We got the card game Sunday night. We can talk about a trip then. Maybe Brett and some of the other boys will want to come along.
    THAT'S what I'm talking about. We may just get ourselves a convoy
    I can't leave now; They fixen to turn on.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Deacon
    Basinfisher,
    Check my post on Quintana canal by Franklin. Man I do not mind telling people where they are biting. Not to do so is selfish. I believe this is a sport and we should all practice good sportsman ship. UNLESS, we are about to fish in a tournament. Then you got to wait till its over.
    We will hook-up and do some fishing. Real soon.
    Keep the faith.
    Deacon,

You tell me when your going and I will be there. I agree, when I am catching sac-a-lait(Crappie for all those people above I-10 HA-HA) I don't mind letting people know either. Anyway, Most of the people on this board fish enough that they can find fish without me telling them. Leave me a post when you guys are ready to go.

Basinfisher

Post Thanks / Like

Just to let you guys know,they have a bass tournament in the basin out of bayou beniot saturday. If you plan on fishing the basin saturday I would not go to bayou beniot.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast