Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bassmasters

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bassmasters

I have been watching the bassmaster classic and ther fishing on the three rivers in pittsburg. The fish there catching are only like a pound. Washington and Sammamish have Smallmouths up to 6lbs and Largemouths bigger than that. I think B.A.S.S. should make a stop up here. We have just as big of bass as all the east coast places if not bigger. Who else agrees with me.

Post Thanks / Like

its not about having a huge bag that makes a tournament good. its the challenge and logistics that make up the event.

Look at the anglers who didnt make the cut Clunn, Yelas, Omori, Nixon. Pittsburg is an awesome place for a tourney...thats why it is where it is!

Martens is on a role, and its going to be a toss up in the end. Dont count out, VadDam, IKE or anyone else in the top 10

Post Thanks / Like

i think it is just the easterners being biased

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah they should have an event over here, all the eastern guys would not have a clue though, because bass fishing here is so much more complex than it is there. What do you hear of bass getting caught on down there? Usually the answer is jig and pig, straight tail worm on leadhead, anything T-rigged or a crankbait or a spinner/buzzbait.You hardely ever hear of them catching bass dragging a grub or dropshotting. Or catching smallmouth on a jig and pig in deeper water. Or working water over 10ft deep for largemouth. Their never saying anything about brass and glass or splitshotting. Or underwater structure. Its all cover and bubba bass fishing.
    Thats why a tournament in the north west would still produce bad results and hardely any big fish, because unless your a northerner or a westerner its hard to catch bass in this part of the states. But it would make a hell of a tournament.
    Eat your wheaties
    Okuma
    Sniper Lures Custom Baits
    Fetha' 'styx Custom Rods
    Outlaw Baits
    Reaction Innovations
    XS ENERGY DRINKS

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah bassman I agree with you there i was watching it too and the bass were tiny, I think we could have toped better than most of those so called pros.
    To land one of my crappie i need a gaff and a .22 pistal :D

Post Thanks / Like

Just one bass from our lakes could have beat a limit from the classic

almost Guest

More question than comment, anyone every fish for bass, crappies or anything else for that matter in the Snohomish river Everett? I never have and have not talked to anyone who has, but with all the sloughs and things I've always wondered just what might be in there to catch.

Post Thanks / Like

Theres no fresh water fish in the river that low because that area is affected by the tide and makes a lot of brackish water, also it is to cold in the entire river for fresh/warm water fish to live.There is some disconnected sloughs off the snoqualmie that have fish in them though.
    Eat your wheaties
    Okuma
    Sniper Lures Custom Baits
    Fetha' 'styx Custom Rods
    Outlaw Baits
    Reaction Innovations
    XS ENERGY DRINKS

frank lawhead is offline RIP Frank - Crystal is now posting on his behalf.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default panfish 990

its not how good the fishin is ,its how much money they give to get the tourament to come
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Aaron Martins is second again

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast