Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: b'n'm float n fly

Post Thanks / Like

Default b'n'm float n fly

I was curious if anyone has tried the b'n'm 9 ft float and fly with tennesse handle? I have a Quantum Xtralite Tood Huckabee 9ft and love the stiff backbone but light tip. I like the fact that b'n'm rods have replaceable tip sections. I am wondering how simular the actions are? Thanks Guys.
    If I can be half the man my Dad is, or a fourth the man my Grandfather is, I can rest in peace that my time on earth meant something.

Post Thanks / Like

I have one B'n'M float & fly and two Huckabee 9' rods. I mostly use the Huckabee poles for long line trolling. The B'n'M I use for jig & cork. The B&M has a softer action. Both are top of the line poles. I would recommend both rods.

Post Thanks / Like

I have 6 pf the BnM's and I use them for longlining and they work great.

Post Thanks / Like

I have two of the 9ft BnM float and fly rods, and they are my favorite to use. They have the larger spinning rod guides which makes it much easier to cast. But I just use them for float and fly type fishing. If you are wanting a pole for jigging in visable brush, there are better rods, and if you are wanting to cast the bank with a jig, there are better rods. But for this specific application, I think these rods are perfect. One side note is these rods dont float. I have several sams super sensitive poles that do in fact float, even with a reel on them. I have a bad habit of laying a pole on the side of the boat if I need to pick another type of rod in a hurry. Well, long story short, I set one of these rods down, and picked up a 11ft jig pole, and about 10 seconds later I hear a splash. I turn around and see the rod leaving in a very big hurry. Tryed to cast out and catch the line, but did not happen. The 11ft rods will float, even with a fish on the line, I have had it happen, and landed the fish.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks fellas i will be using it as a dabbling rod mostly, so i need it to have some backbone. yal think it will work?
    If I can be half the man my Dad is, or a fourth the man my Grandfather is, I can rest in peace that my time on earth meant something.