Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Telescopic rods.....

Post Thanks / Like

Default Telescopic rods.....

Been thinkin of buying a telescopic crappie pole. Any input would be much appreciated. Thx in advance!

Post Thanks / Like

I used to have a 6' telescopic rod with an ultralite reel and 4# test with a mini box of various jig heads and tubes... was really convenient when driving down the road and saw a body of water and curiosity got the better of me. But I found that over time, the constant extending then closing the pole wore it out and eventually it started closing on its own in the middle of fishing... lost a few nice fish due to that... I now prefer the 1 piece 7' med-light rods with UL open face reel and 6# test... the sensitivity and durability make it my favorite pole.
    Fishin' fills the time until College football season

Post Thanks / Like

Default rods

i dont know if these are what you are talking about but i have telescoping trolling rods from bass pro, they come in 8 to 16 foot i use them for trolling they cost a lot less than b&m and wm long trolling rods.
    they are uncle bucks they start at 13.99 and work great for long lining and pushing, they are just a little to limber but i love them and at the price i can buy two to one so for the money they are great rods. hope this helps

STUMP HUNTER is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TROLLWHACKER View Post
    i dont know if these are what you are talking about but i have telescoping trolling rods from bass pro, they come in 8 to 16 foot i use them for trolling they cost a lot less than b&m and wm long trolling rods.
    they are uncle bucks they start at 13.99 and work great for long lining and pushing, they are just a little to limber but i love them and at the price i can buy two to one so for the money they are great rods. hope this helps
    Those are the only rods I use for spider riggin. Been using the same rods for about 4 or 5 years now and never had one to brake (yet ) the lake I fish is ate up with trees so they have been put through the test. I use the 16' down to the 10' rods two of each. They come in 16,13,12,10 and 8'. Don't know why they made a 13' and not a 14'
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER ---------
    Ascend 133X 13' - MotorGuide Xi3 & Mercury 4

Post Thanks / Like

I have 9-14 footers that I will sell for 70.00 + shipping. I think they are Diawa, if anyone is interested I will make sure this afternoon after work.

WALLY MARSHALL PRO STAFF
    CATCHIN' CRAPPIE GUIDE SERVICE
    CREEKS ROD TRANSPORT RACK
    870-307-2572

Post Thanks / Like

Use B&M tuff-lite for the last 20 years or so and never really had a major problem except they wear out every ten years or so...

Post Thanks / Like

One thing I have noticed about these ( I used to use them 15 years ago when I started crappie fishing) is that you can't hardly find a quality one. Its like the manufacturer said, "Ok, we're gonna make this pole cool cause it is telescopic, the rest of the pole don't matter anymore":D

They are either stiff as a broom handle and you couldn't feel a 10lb catfish on it, or they are limber as a noodle and have no backbone. Either way, not too good in the quality department. Now, if you just use them to spider rig and want the convenience of shorter poles when you transport, shouldn't be an issue. But I wouldn't make one my "go to" rod for tite lining or casting.
    my 2 cents

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TROLLWHACKER View Post

I have used these rods as well... for the price you can't beat 'em. The only thing that I don't like about these rods is that they have very few eyes. I have two of the 12 footers and they only have 4 eyes (counting the tip)... normally this isn't a problem with crappie, but if there is a chance you could hook into a striper or catfish it seems to put a little more stress on the line IMO. Hope this helps!
    Blake

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by creekslick View Post
    I have 9-14 footers that I will sell for 70.00 + shipping. I think they are Diawa, if anyone is interested I will make sure this afternoon after work.
    I'll take em. I left you a PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default BnM Black Widow

13.5' with Buck's mini reels is what I use. They are pretty limber so you have to get used to not setting the hook real hard as the action at the end of them is amplified. I use them strickly for front trolling/pushing. I like them fine and they cost $11.95 I think.

Life has many choices, eternity has two...choose wisely.
    Unapplied biblical truth is like unapplied paint...how many gallons do you have sittin' around? U.D.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast