Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which should I fish: Arkabutla, Sardis, Grenada, or Enid

Post Thanks / Like

Default Which should I fish: Arkabutla, Sardis, Grenada, or Enid

I am in San Diego right now and I am getting ready to retire from the Navy after 20 years of service. I have to drive from San Diego to Florida in July. I am making the trip with my wife and my two smallest children of 4. My wife is the greatest because I have said I would like to stop at one of these four crappie lakes on the way home and fish for a day and she said "YES". So which of the four is normally the best in early July and which would you guys on here recommend I fish. I have a 19ft Charger bass boat that I will be towing with me and it is set up for crappie fishing with rod holders on the front, back, and side if I want to use them. I am so excited about this trip and it is probably the only time I will ever get on one of these four ultimate crappie lakes.

Post Thanks / Like

In July I would hit Sardis and troll crankbaits.

Slabologist
    "Professor of Slabology 101"

Keep your line tight !

Post Thanks / Like

I would fish all 4 if you have the chance. Enid is home of the world record and Grenada reputation's well-known but Arkabutla has some MONSTERS TOO...Sardis is as well known as an of the aforementioned lakes. Ross Barnett had a great spawn a few years back and the fish are BIG too!!! We had a stringer weighed in at RB that was over 16 pounds on 7 fish including a fish that was over 3.

Post Thanks / Like

What would there be color you would recommend to start with? How do you normally decide which colors to use while you are there? I have a box of Bandit 200 series crankbaits that I am just waiting to do some trolling with.

Post Thanks / Like

Everyone has a favorite color. On Sardis I have done well with Baby Bass, Bubble Gum, white with Chartruse stripe and many others. I believe that boat speed and depth are more important. The trick is figuring out how deep your bait is running. Line weight, boat speed, line out, and what bait you are pulling makes the biggest difference to me.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Congratulations on your upcoming Naval retirement

If you are only going to have one day to spend fishing I would seriously consider finding a guide or local fisherman to help you out . Even if it would cost you a few bucks it would be money well spent. Reach out and maybe there is a Navy vet out there along interstate 55 that is willing to help a fellow vet out. Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

July my pick is Sardis with Cranks as well.

Post Thanks / Like

I wish I had to pick one...
    J.I.L. <*)}}}><

Post Thanks / Like

Don't leave home without black, Awesome pink & Taco salad in your box.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM TWEENER!
    Member of Tri-State Crappie Anglers

Post Thanks / Like

Default Awesome PInk and Taco Salad?

Who makes those and what would be the recommend series or depth to buy. I am not asking how deep to fish but like a 200 series crankbait is for the 4-8 foot range. What is the range that I should buy for taco salad and awesome pink.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast