Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Back from Lake Kickapoo

Post Thanks / Like

Default Back from Lake Kickapoo

Got back a while ago from Lake Kickapoo. Folks I tell you what, if I didnt have bad luck, I wouldnt have any luck at all. Got there friday afternoon. Unloaded everything and then me and my Son took the boat out and set some jug lines out. Then put it on the trailer since the wind was blowing so hard I thought for a minute we were in the ocean lol. Went and fished at the Crappie House and had fun. Of Course good ole Dad didnt catch nothing but babies. Got up early the next morning and me and my Boy and Daughter put the boat out and was headed out to check the jug lines. I happen to look back and the motor looks odd. Thats when I saw that there was a motor brace bolt GONE. Turned that puppy around and headed back to the boat ramp. Got back without losing the motor at the bottom of the lake. Got the boat trailer backed down and backed the boat out to get ready to put it on the trailer when good ole Dad runs right on a sand bar. Well me and my Son jump in to the wonderful freezing water and get it off there. Got it on the trailer and all secured and went back to the cabin and parked the boat and just fished the Crappie house. All in all we had a great time. The Wife didnt catch anything but I caught ONE little keeper catfish and several small ones. My Son only caught a nice Channel Cat and some small ones, and my little Girl, well she did the usual and stomped us by catching 6 good keeper crappie. Didnt get lots of fish but had a great time, except for the boat thing lol.

Soldiers and Firefighters. Some people were meant to call 911, Some were meant to BE 911

Post Thanks / Like

Default Kickapoo story!

Hey I havent talked with you since the burn off. I had to tell you a funny story about Kickapoo.
    I told you I used to live in TX. By the way, my family has a floating barge on Bridgeport Lake. I have lots of fun memories going there.
    Anyway, back to the story. I took my flight training at Northwest Regional near Ft Worth. Well, my buddy and I took our ground school together and while the class was really serious and the instructor was informing us what he wanted us to do for filing a flight plan, my buddy puts his hand up like he had a question.
    I thought to myself, what in the world could he be wanting. When the instructor seen him, my buddy asked this question. "Is Kickapoo anywhere near Slap-a-dog"........I thought we were all going to hit the floor laughing.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice report. It's always good when a family can get out and have a good time fishing together!!! Congrats on the fish.
    Blake

Post Thanks / Like

lol Donald
    Soldiers and Firefighters. Some people were meant to call 911, Some were meant to BE 911

Post Thanks / Like

Well except for the boat you had a great family time!!!!!!!!!

Fatman

Post Thanks / Like

nice pics f04, your daughter must have just cuted them fish in.