Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: another trip under the belt

crappiejerker Guest

Default another trip under the belt

Well I made the trip to bayou boutte this morning . I wet my first line at 7:10 and caught my first slab as soon as it hit the water. They bit good until 8:00 . I had 10 nice ones by that time. Then it turned off just like that. I was back at the dock for 11:00 . So after it was all said and done I came out with 12 sacalait ; 1 3lb bass ; 1 thick goggeleye . Almost forgot to tell ya'll what I was catching on . I was fishing shiners on the drop offs about 10 feet deep .

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a good trip wish I could have gone today.
    GOT BITE? -----~<*)###>{

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappiejerker
    Well I made the trip to bayou boutte this morning . I wet my first line at 7:10 and caught my first slab as soon as it hit the water. They bit good until 8:00 . I had 10 nice ones by that time. Then it turned off just like that. I was back at the dock for 11:00 . So after it was all said and done I came out with 12 sacalait ; 1 3lb bass ; 1 thick goggeleye . Almost forgot to tell ya'll what I was catching on . I was fishing shiners on the drop offs about 10 feet deep .
    Crappiejerker,
    Good trip! You did way better than I did at the Black Bear Pit. Were you tight-lining or fishing under a cork? Did you just know where to go or did you locate the school with a fish finder?
    I can't leave now; They fixen to turn on.

Post Thanks / Like

sounds like a good day of fishing to me!!!!!!!!!!!111
    "GET THE NET!!"

crappiejerker Guest

Deacon ; I was tightlining with live shiners and my dad was fishing with blue & white tube jigs . We found them with the depth finder . Pretty much in the same spot as last weekend. Hope this helps . And good luck fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

Crappie jerker did you have any problems getting over the sand bar to the left
    in the boutte? When me and My brother Deacon went the water was about
    6' and I did kick up a little silt and now the river is at 3' and rising.
    GOT BITE? -----~<*)###>{

crappiejerker Guest

sacalait steve ; I'm not sure where the sand bar is. I've been fishing there for a good while and have never hit it . I take the 21 inch pipeline to boutte then take a left and start fishing at the first house boat on the left until I get to the back . I'd like to know more about the sand bar . thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

After coming out the 21" take a left then when you go to the left again right where the water turns pretty is where the sand bar is but that answers
    my question I must be passing in the wrong place cause I hit it quite often.
    Do you ever go to the right passing up duck lake and go in to the orange barrel canal .Also , I don't know if you leave the landing and go to the left
    and hit the river and turn to the right to hit the 21' to the left or leave the landing and go to the right and take a left to cypress island then coming out in the river and across to the 21" but before you cut across to the 21" if you go to the right aways there is a big island stay to the right and there is a pit you can get into if the water is high enough with some deep clean water in it we went when the water was 6' and trolled in.
    Last edited by sacalait steve; 08-30-2004 at 08:29 PM.
    GOT BITE? -----~<*)###>{

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappiejerker
    Deacon ; I was tightlining with live shiners and my dad was fishing with blue & white tube jigs . We found them with the depth finder . Pretty much in the same spot as last weekend. Hope this helps . And good luck fishing.
    Crappiejerker,
    To a beginner (I should not say a beginner but more of reactivated)any information is of help. When I was fresh out of high school I knew the basin like my own back yard. Every open moment I had was spent fishing in the basin. Then priorities changed and my attention went to something else. It has been almost twenty-years since I fished the basin. I forgot everything I had learned and the basin changes everyday. BUT I AM BACK NOW! The area you speak of is a beautiful spot. Not only for fishing but just plain beautiful.
    My younger brother "Sacalait Steve" brought me back to Bayou Boutte a couple of weeks ago. When I saw the canal with the camps and house boats it brought back some good memories. We did not catch as the wind was really too strong and did not have a fish finder to help us locate the schools and structure.
    I have just purchased another boat (used), with a fish finder, and have put it in the shop to have the pump and lower unit checked out. Nothing is wrong with the motor I just want to be safe. When I get the boat back Sacalait Steve and I may try to hook up with you and we can do some fishing together in the Bayou Boutte area.
    I can't leave now; They fixen to turn on.

crappiejerker Guest

Sacalait steve and Deacon it sure is good to have people to converse back and fourth between about fishing . It helps to have another fishermans advice on where they might be . Because by yourself it sure is hard to stay on top of the sacalait.
    Back to your writing ; I do fish the orange barrell quite often . But I've always had better luck in boutte. About the sand bar I pass to the left of that small island going to where the house boats are . Also I never have fished that pit you are talking about; but thanks for the info I'll try it when the water comes back up . By the way what river stage are ya'll going by .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast