Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Those with too many lures, worms, etc.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Those with too many lures, worms, etc.

I was going thru my fishing stuff yesterday and figured since I have 5 tackleboxes full of stuff, mostly bass fishing stuff that I only use occasionally since I prefer Crappie and Catfishing. I also have a 2 gallon bucket completely full of worms and lures that are all brand new. I decided to get ahold of Mike at takeasoldierfishing.com and ask him if they were in need of any of this. He said that they definately could use these for less fortunate Soldiers in need of gear. He gave me the address and advised me that if I needed a receipt to let him know. I personally dont want a receipt because I am not going to claim this on my taxes since that would go against the cause I am doing it for. He did request that I send him an estimate so that they can show the ones who give them their grants, where their funds come from. I was thinking that if any of you have too much stuff (I know a fisherman can never have enough stuff) that you may also want to help out our Soldiers who dont have anything or are in need of some more. Heres the address:
    Takeasoldierfishing
    3450 fm 1829
    Gatesville, Texas 76528
    Soldiers and Firefighters. Some people were meant to call 911, Some were meant to BE 911

Post Thanks / Like

good stuff, thanks for the address.

Post Thanks / Like

I have some rods and reels I would happily donate. Do they want those also or are they just looking for lures?

Post Thanks / Like

They will take anything you can give. Thanks all
    Soldiers and Firefighters. Some people were meant to call 911, Some were meant to BE 911

Post Thanks / Like

I think we should put the address as a link on the main page for all to see and access easily. I would rather people see that and help the people who give us our freedom, than to see an advertisement.

Post Thanks / Like

That is a great cause! Thanks for the info.
    Blake

Post Thanks / Like

Good Idea MO

Post Thanks / Like

I'm all for it too. All o f us have too much stuff I guess that's just for Texas ? Are is there a place in each state???? WHO KNOW's

Post Thanks / Like

Im not sure

Post Thanks / Like

I am going to talk to some of the guys I work with we fish a few bass leagues here and I am sure that they have some stuff that we can get set up for them. Me being a military I can really appreciate this! Thanks a lot for the guys that are helping.
    "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Dave

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast