Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: High and fresh water?

Post Thanks / Like

Default High and fresh water?

I'm off work and the rain should end today.Anyone got any ideas on how to fish in swollen rivers.Before the rain the fish were just off the bank in 6' of water.Will they be in same depth or in closer to the bank.Not a flood but rivers are swollen.Lots of current and muddy in channels.Thanks for any and all replies.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Riverman ...

Quote Originally Posted by Riverman View Post
    I'm off work and the rain should end today.Anyone got any ideas on how to fish in swollen rivers.Before the rain the fish were just off the bank in 6' of water.Will they be in same depth or in closer to the bank.Not a flood but rivers are swollen.Lots of current and muddy in channels.Thanks for any and all replies.
    I'd try and find some eddy water spots ... creek mouths ... incoming clearer water ... bridge pilons ... wing dams ... or anything else that would provide a current break and/or warmer & clearer water. Flooded flats with brush, wood, or weeds ... that don't have much current, would also be a good place to look. Unless they were spawning or bed making, they should follow the rising water up into the bank cover (looking for food, be it worms & bugs or just minnows & shad feeding or getting out of the current).

No guarantees :p ... but, that's what I'd do

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks

Putting plan together for Tuesday!Will focus on sloughs and backwater.Thanks again.

Post Thanks / Like

All of the experts say fish in the weeds and brush shallow after a big rain.
    Allatoona Bandit

Post Thanks / Like

If the water is still rising than they won't move in to the shallower water until it stabilizes Once it stabilizes they will move shallower. If the water is rising farely fast then they will back out to the first break and wait for the water to become more stabil.
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p