Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Spider Rigging Vs Single Pole

Post Thanks / Like

Question Spider Rigging Vs Single Pole

Can a spider rigger catch more fish than a SINGLE POLE fisherman . Ofcourse you would have as many fisherman and as Spider rigger has poles. A friend he can catch more than the same number of single fisherman. COMMENTS WELCOME

Post Thanks / Like

Umm... I think you're asking would 6 spider rigged poles catch more than six guys fishing with one pole each? The answer would be no, once they found where they're biting at least.

Post Thanks / Like

This can have several determining factors. Depends on where you are fishing, what they are biting, who is doing the fishing, who knows the water well. Many different things to mention. It also depends on the fish and what they want. I have went sometimes when i thought i could have done good spider rigging, but most of the time if the fish are on I caught more fishing a jig by casting than i would have caught if i had 20 poles out spider rigging, so there are too many determining factors to really give an answer.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm mainly a spider-rigger except when they are on the bank, I just plain like deep water. I use 4 poles off the front and Wayne has 3 off the back. I have a lot of the stumps on the creek marked in my GPS and just move from one to the other. I really think one of the big advantages of spider-rigging is that you can start out with 4 different color jigs, I just jig fish, and let the crappie tell you what color they want at that time. I have started catching all the fish on one pole so then I can change over to that color or one close to it. I have seen the color change when the wind changed or the clouds went away, as said before a lot of determining factors. I fish a man made lake with lots of stumps, don't know how my style would work on natural lakes. Just MHO.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Southern Sickle Jigs Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Spider rigger would win most days just as they do in the tournaments.
    Allatoona Bandit

Post Thanks / Like

I generally do better spider rigging myself.
    Endangering the crappie way of life in two different centuries.