Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: night lighting question

Post Thanks / Like

Default night lighting question

I use to do alot of night fishing but sorta got out of it over the last year and a half i guess. I use to use my lanterns and chose to use the pump style lanterns because they were alot more cost effective to use. You use to could get a whole gallon of coleman fuel for a couple bucks. I wanted to get back into some night fishing but one of my lanterns was messed up. Thought about buying another one til i priced the fuel now. That stuff has jumped up to almost 9 dollars a gallon. So I was thinking this. The area i fish I really need several lanterns or a spotlight or a light that will cast the beam a long way. I fish a river culvert that spills into the Tennessee river and i need the light to go a good way out to see where the water bends back on the river drop off. Wal-Mart had one of those power inverters that normally run 89 bucks on sale for 65. It says you can run a spot light on it for 17 hours. I dont think you will get 17 hours out of it but as long as it will burn all night that will be fine. I was wondering if any of you guys ever used a battery pack to run a light at night and how long of a use you got out of it. Also I thought about one of those incandescent clip lights. How far do you think the light will cast with a 150 watt bulb. I would think this would run longer and maybe i could run 2 of those and hang them over the edge of the water. I can recharge my inverter after every use and not have to spend 9 dollars a gallon on lantern fuel. If it doesnt work i can always use the inverter around the house, especially during bad weather when the power goes out.

Post Thanks / Like

Try our product and see if this may meet your needs.These are the new tech way of attracting fish and no bugs.

Post Thanks / Like

crappiman, i need the light so i can see, not the fish. Thanks for the info though

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappieseeker View Post
    crappiman, i need the light so i can see, not the fish. Thanks for the info though
    Sorry about that.I should have read the whole thing.

Post Thanks / Like

I go pretty simple... light sticks on my bobbers and a good head lamp. If you don't own one of the new LED head lamps, you would be amazed at how bright they are, just get a good one, maybe $20-$30. I also use an old oil lantern (great-grandfather's??) if I have someone to go with me, but that's more to see them and not blind em with the head lamp.

Have thought of the battery pack, bought an under-water light and not sure how to power it yet with out breaking my back to haul a car battery to my fishing spot......

Post Thanks / Like

i can light up a whole river almost...i run 6 neon green under water lights and 4 floating lights then i have 7 spot lights around my boat...i run them off the 3 batterys in the boat....i prob look like a UFO sitting out in the river
    Bluff City Tackle Pro Staff
    Touranment Ice & Minnow Ice
    Culprit Pro Staff
    Outlaw Crappie & Walleye Poles Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

How bout a dual fuel lantern....burn reg unleaded fuel...1.89 a gal?
    Duane

Post Thanks / Like

I read on a thread about bobber lights where somebody said to just use a blacklight. The more I thought about it the better I liked it. If I can find a blacklight tube that would fit in my Craftsman Cordless Flouresant light I think it would not atract bugs and lite my boat just enought not to trip over the cooler and fall in and..... Also with the head lamp Attica mentioned I would have a brite lite to retie with etc. But I don't need near the light that it sounds like crappieseeker does.

I really like my Sears cordless lite but man does it bring on the bugs.

And I think I will order some of those crappie candles this year. I don't really go out at night that much but a buddy of mine likes to night fish so I prolly will be out at night more this year.
    I only fish The Coon cause that's where I keep my toon.

Post Thanks / Like

I use a 4 ft. green light in the water, a light stick on my bobber, a 12 volt trouble light with a 60 watt bulb. the 12 volt light is used only when needed to fix a line or unhook a fish. When baiting my hooks i use a cheap push on push off round light. Once your eyes get adjusted to the low lights you will be amazed how easy it is to see at night.

Post Thanks / Like

Chill,these Crappi Candles can also be velcro attached to rods or around the inside edge of your boat.The pure white light does not seem to attract the bugs and will provide all the light needed to re-tie or walk around.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast