Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: North American Fishing Club??

TN River: Clifton, Perryville, occasionally northward
    Post Thanks / Like

Question North American Fishing Club??

Any members here? I joined several years ago b/c i liked the magazine and thought it would be a good organization to be part of. I ended up cancelling my membership. The constant harrassment to buy a lifetime membership, the never-ending mailings on offers for stuff, and finally, the "past due" notices were too much. Whenever "membership dues" came around, they would start sending past due notices like they were a creditor that i owed and i was delinquent on payments!! Even after i told them that i wasn't renewing, they kept sending them. Overall, it was a bad experience for me. I did like the magazine, but it just wasn't worth all of the other hassle to me. Anyone else had the same problems with them??
    BSRRofl

Post Thanks / Like

They did the same thing to me so I cancelled my membership too.
    I live for the thump!

kycreek is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Cancelled mine too. Too much hassle for me.

Post Thanks / Like

I really liked the magazine but yeah I hated the crap of always being pushed for a life membership. Just finally had to say SO LONG!!!!!!

Fatman

Post Thanks / Like

same here

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I got a life membership to it many years ago which I would up regretting. I didn't get the renewal notices but they kept sending me things I didn't order saying to try it and if I liked it to send them the money. If I didn't like it of course I could send it back. I don't do business like that and told them so with each item I sent back. The last one I received, a silver medalion or something, I just thru on my work bench and let it lay for several months. I just ignored their requests for payment. I finally got tired of looking at it and sent it back with a note in it saying if I received anthing else I was either going to throw it away or give it away if I didn't like it. But no way was I going to pay for it. I haven't got anything else.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I gotta lifetime membership in BASS. 90 percent of it is advertisement. The rest is BS.:rolleyes:
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

I never joined it or their hunting club because it always looked like a scam to me. However, I don't know what the laws are in the states you are in, but in Arkansas, if you get something you didn't order, you get it for free.

Post Thanks / Like

i was a member from 96-04. i paid yearly...i was in hs and college. i enjoyed the magazine to an extent. i also awaited my chance to test a product out. after 4 or 5 years, i received it. my mom said a box came from NAFC! she sent it out to me (i was in college) and it was 2 packages of twister tails...freaking twister tails....i'm seeing guys test out 200 dollar rod and reel sets, fishfinders, and other high dollar items and i get 7 dollars worth of twister tails.....with a sheet asking me how i liked them blah blah blah blah....i was po'd. after a few months, my mom said i started getting letters telling me that they send these things out so that we can test them and it was demanding i send in a review. i did. I basically said these were normal twister tails that worked like any other twistertail and were not groundbreaking.

my renewal came up my first year being married and i let it lapse....they still sent me issues and then started sending delinquency notices....i ignored them, and after 4 or 5 months they stopped coming...

and every 6 months i get invites from them...hilarious...
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 03-12-2009 at 07:58 AM.

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hnd View Post
    i was a member from 96-04. i paid yearly...i was in hs and college. i enjoyed the magazine to an extent. i also awaited my chance to test a product out. after 4 or 5 years, i received it. my mom said a box came from NAFC! she sent it out to me (i was in college) and it was 2 packages of twister tails...freaking twister tails....i'm seeing guys test out 200 dollar rod and reel sets, fishfinders, and other high dollar items and i get 7 dollars worth of twister tails.....with a sheet asking me how i liked them blah blah blah blah....i was pissed. after a few months, my mom said i started getting letters telling me that they send these things out so that we can test them and it was demanding i send in a review. i did. I basically said these were normal twister tails that worked like any other twistertail and were not groundbreaking.

my renewal came up my first year being married and i let it lapse....they still sent me issues and then started sending delinquency notices....i ignored them, and after 4 or 5 months they stopped coming...

and every 6 months i get invites from them...hilarious...
    I never been a member but I get the invites to join and be a tester. Now i know the "rest of the story".:p They sure push that tester part.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast