any of you spray stuff on them to help slow the
    process?

I was looking on-line and they sale this stuff called
    Corrosion cleaners, reading and it sounds alot like
    WD-40.

Thanks,
    Marabou

Post Thanks / Like

oh yea,, i own a napa store and they make batt. term. cleaner and they make batt. protector.. it wont stop it but it will slow the process down.. part # 1073..

Post Thanks / Like

i use that spray on my battery terminals in my truck and it does slow it down alot.
    Got crappie?:D

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tye-1-on View Post
    oh yea,, i own a napa store and they make batt. term. cleaner and they make batt. protector.. it wont stop it but it will slow the process down.. part # 1073..
    What Tye-1-on said, I use it on all my batteries and have for years.

Bluegill

Post Thanks / Like

I clean the terminals with cleaner and then I like to use the grease that is made to protect the terminals. I use it on my trucks and my boat batteries. It comes in little packets and they sale it at autoparts stores.

Post Thanks / Like

Something I learned from years working on aircraft to significantly reduce the corrosion problem.

1. Clean the terminals and put DOW CORNING® 4 ELECTRICAL INSULATING COMPOUND on them.

2. Like others suggested, buy a can of battery protector. It’s will be like red paint and after you spray it on “AFTER” adding the Dow 4, your problems are resolved.

Maybe once or twice a season I will spray more battery protector on the terminals as insurance. Be advised that the spray will never completely dry like paint because of the Dow 4 and when you touch the terminals your going to have red on your figures. But it sure beats being in the middle of the lake scrapping your terminals because stuff want work. I just shake my head when I see people on the lake doing this!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sorrydog View Post
    Something I learned from years working on aircraft to significantly reduce the corrosion problem.

1. Clean the terminals and put DOW CORNING® 4 ELECTRICAL INSULATING COMPOUND on them.

2. Like others suggested, buy a can of battery protector. It’s will be like red paint and after you spray it on “AFTER” adding the Dow 4, your problems are resolved.

Maybe once or twice a season I will spray more battery protector on the terminals as insurance. Be advised that the spray will never completely dry like paint because of the Dow 4 and when you touch the terminals your going to have red on your figures. But it sure beats being in the middle of the lake scrapping your terminals because stuff want work. I just shake my head when I see people on the lake doing this!

Well go ahead and do another head shake cause that was what I
    was doing Saturday...:D

Not again..

Post Thanks / Like

Ha Ha Thats funny, One heck of a way to find out, aint it buddy :p

in a VAN down by the RIVER, Georgia/Alabama line
    Post Thanks / Like

I have noticed that the wing nut terminals have far less corrosion...anyone else??

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson

Post Thanks / Like

One Thing That Helps Is To Clean The Top Of The Battery With Soap And Water Are A Degreaser. After You Clean The Terminals. Went To A Battery School And They Said The Dirt Between The 2 Post Actualy Make A Connection And Causes Corrosion To Grow.