Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bank Fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bank Fishing

After two fairly good catches from the bank on Saturday and Sunday morning I took my wife out Sunday afternoon fishing.

I guess this is what intrigues me about crappie fishing the most.

We were both using jigs I hand tied. Both jigs were ever so slightly different. She had a Mr. Crappie rattle bobber I had a slip float. I think she caught nine of the ten crappie and a couple of bluegill while I caught one fish.

It could of been the little bit of red in her jig but we thought the difference was the rattle bobber.

Post Thanks / Like

could have been but i think it was probbably the action or speed of retrive.
    Allatoona Bandit

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

The main thing is that you were both out there together and having fun. That's the way it should be.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

It could have been the perfume she had on too.

Post Thanks / Like

Whenever this happens to me, my wife is quick to point out that I just don't know how to fish and that I must have lied about catching fish the last time I was out. I don't even make an attempt to argue... what would be the use, we all know, they are always right!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gone_fishing View Post
    After two fairly good catches from the bank on Saturday and Sunday morning I took my wife out Sunday afternoon fishing.

I guess this is what intrigues me about crappie fishing the most.

We were both using jigs I hand tied. Both jigs were ever so slightly different. She had a Mr. Crappie rattle bobber I had a slip float. I think she caught nine of the ten crappie and a couple of bluegill while I caught one fish.

It could of been the little bit of red in her jig but we thought the difference was the rattle bobber.
    Next time, hold your mouth right:D

Fishing is an addiction and I'm trying to dose up daily!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AtticaFish View Post
    Whenever this happens to me, my wife is quick to point out that I just don't know how to fish and that I must have lied about catching fish the last time I was out. I don't even make an attempt to argue... what would be the use, we all know, they are always right!!!
    Now that's funny! At least you guys got to fish and spend time together. That's what's important....other than catching fish, of course:D
    "Fletch had a catch of a lifetime and he was even standing up when he caught it!:p"

Post Thanks / Like

It was probably your subconscious that told you to let her catch the most fish. That was probably the smartest thing you've done all month. Just tell yourself you let it happen.

Post Thanks / Like

It is hard to believe that a man with all his senses would take his wife fishing. maybe girlfriend but not wife.

Post Thanks / Like

In all reality it could have been several different things like you mentioned or a combination. Over the years i have found that crappie can be so picky about the least of things. If you think a woman is hard to please at times, crappie can be worse lol. Sometimes the smallest of differences can mean me catching nothing or me catching a hundred fish. As the guys said though, spending time together is unbeatable, especially when you spend that time fishing together. They had some funny comments though about the perfume and your conscience letting her catch more. What a group of great and funny people we have here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast