Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gulp Alive

Post Thanks / Like

Default Gulp Alive

Mama and I went to BPS today and I finally broke down and bought a bucket of Gulp Alive 21/2" Minnows in the Black Shad. I will try them this week. The little minnows are pretty neat they are a good size. If they don't work, it won't be the first time I blew $19.95 for something. Does anyone know if you can soak other grubs in the "sauce" without contaminating it? I also bought a WM Ms Crappie 10' under the pretext it was for Mama. Actually I liked the color of the tip(Pink), it is easy to see.

Post Thanks / Like

YES you can soak other grubs in the sauce. When you finish using one, if it's not beat to death you can throw it back in the sauce. Just be careful with the bucket that it comes in. Those things leak something awful. Just keep them outta your tackle box
    Caught so many fish today my thumb is sore from clicking the counter.

Post Thanks / Like

I like to keep the tub in a 5 gallon bucket. Along with a bunch of other stuff.
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 03-08-2009 at 10:16 PM. Reason: you know why

Post Thanks / Like

Let us know if it works.
    Allatoona Bandit

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Change the container! It will leak on you. I have Gulp minnows and also some tubes in the mixture at all times. I put my sauce into a nice hard plastic cosmetic container, or a thermos soup container, and add some handles to the outside of the container. Problem solved.

Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

They do work, as far as better than other baits I'm not sure? And the stated "outfishes live bait" I dont know about that either!
    "Never Fry Bacon Naked"

TeamAdcraft is offline Trophy King II * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Great Advice about changing the contatiner. Good Lord... I had a Very Nice Tackle bag and the Crap leaked all over. Had to deal with that smell in 100 degree heat all summer.

Verry frusterating. Stuff works, but the container is something to deal with
    2X In-Fisherman Magazine Regional Crappie Anglers of the Year
    Official Provider of the Crappie.com State Decals

GO RAZORBACKS!!

Post Thanks / Like

A buddy of mine gave me a gar of the nightcrawlers a year ago and I've never tried them.

Fatman

Post Thanks / Like

shipahoy41 do tube jigs fade when you put them in there to soak? I thought about buying some and trying it.

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I only store about 4-5 in there at a time. The container is dark so light does not penetrate it. I've had no problem. Keeps them nice and slimy juicy for the fish to feel like it's alive. I've been known to add a drop or two of Anise and a little garlic powder and sea salt to really make it smell and taste alive.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast