Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: My first attempt at spider rigging a resounding success

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up My first attempt at spider rigging a resounding success

I built my own spider rig, bent my own rod holders and picked up most of my knowledge of the technique by reading this forum and picking some old and new buddies' brains... but it paid off.

I figured there was nothing like a trial by fire for all of the equipment and my newfound knowledge so I set out for KY Lake in this afternoon's 25 mph winds.

I'm pretty happy.

I'm not sure what the one in my left hand weighs, but she's a hoss.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice catch, I wasn't brave enough get out in the wind. Hoping I can get free Monday and try them myself.
    2018 Crappie Masters Kentucky/Tennessee State Champion

Post Thanks / Like

nice catch ,looks like you did your homework
    The fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad

Post Thanks / Like

Nice slabs!
    CATCH A BIG-UN

Post Thanks / Like

Default Good Job

I am glad to hear that your efforts paid off. I too am fairly new to the world of spideriggin. I probably wouldn't havent even attempted it had it not been for the wealth of knowledge on this forum. I built my own holders ,first for a fiberglass boat and then moved to a large aluminum and doubled the amount of rods I could run at a given time on the front.
    I have been doing it about 5 years and have not had any information on the subject other than this site. I don't know any one personnaly in my area that I could go with and learn. But I have had some success and keep reading and researching the issue and love it when people tell in great detail on how they have been fishing this way.
    I love casting for them with a float but I have realized the potential to beat the crowds and still hit the stake beds when its right yet , be able to fish here ( Ky.Lake) way up in the summer , or until it gets to dern hot to stay out there long.
    Thanks for your post and I would appreciate updates on how you are catching them and what you knowledge you pick-up doing it. It just might pertain to me in my area. I know I would appreciate the help because I dont have anyone but guys like yall to get ideas from .

I thank everyone for their help , I love to read yalls indepth post. It has made me a better fisherman and I have more understanding on the subject just do to the time all of yall give to help people such as my self . A big thanks and kudos to the site facilitators.
    Jesus Saves!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Nice crappies

Fatman

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Quackrstackr View Post
    I built my own spider rig, bent my own rod holders and picked up most of my knowledge of the technique by reading this forum and picking some old and new buddies' brains... but it paid off.

I figured there was nothing like a trial by fire for all of the equipment and my newfound knowledge so I set out for KY Lake in this afternoon's 25 mph winds.

I'm pretty happy.

I'm not sure what the one in my left hand weighs, but she's a hoss.
    You kinda remind me of a mean ol moderator from another forum :rolleyes:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ky-slabseeker View Post
    You kinda remind me of a mean ol moderator from another forum :rolleyes:
    You know, you're not the first person to tell me that. He must be a good lookin' guy.

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like you done good! With the time change, you should be stocking the freezer with something other than flatheads every afternoon.
    www.crappie-gills-n-more.com
    Podunk Ideas Pro Staff /test platform
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

yeah nice catch

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast