Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: First outting this year

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy First outting this year

well it all satrted off great nice 60 degress weather and new boat heck got to the lake at 8am ( had to see if it was gonna rain not in new boat giver couple times )
    run around the shore to make for certain it was gonna float then off to the other bank for some fishing but tried all morning ( just using jigs of all colors and depths but no fishy's.

then i did feel a suttle nibble at the other end of my long pole and heck was an ole junk 9 inch brook trout ( threw him back yuk)

then spent the rest of my time long lining or trying to with some roadrunners but no fish just that on .

first fishing day and a b eautiful one but no fish.

water was 36 degrees and little cloudy .

thanks for reading ,
    Scott
    Life comes at you fast ... Better have a net...

Scott Beitzel----Western maryland

Post Thanks / Like

Better than honey do's!!!!!!!! At least you got to work out the kinks and enjoy yourself.

Fatman

Post Thanks / Like

Man your water is still pretty cold. Our water temps hit 62 about 10 days ago or more and then popped back down to 58 the other day and now today it was like 64.

Give them time on the long line trolling and let the water warm a bit then the RR's will catch them.

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Scott, You're water there is still pretty cold. Here in Westcentral AR the water temp is in the mid 50's.
    CATCH A BIG-UN

Post Thanks / Like

We fished in Williamsburg today and the water temp ranged from 48-58 and we did not catch any fish either. Must have been one of those days, but it sure was nice out and nice to be on the water!
    "Fletch had a catch of a lifetime and he was even standing up when he caught it!:p"

Post Thanks / Like

i figured it was a tad cold but like was said i enjoyed the day afloat and alone for some quality thinking time . and that was the first time i tried to long line anything so it all comes with leasons and rewards lol.

thanks for the advice guys ,
    Scott
    Life comes at you fast ... Better have a net...

Scott Beitzel----Western maryland

Post Thanks / Like

I got the boat out for the first time this year yesterday also.Water surface temp averaged about 38 on the open water and a bunch of the lake still had ice.With the lake still drawn down I rode around and marked a bunch of stuff on my gps and scouted around.I did come up on some places where the Lowrance showed bunches of fish so I dropped some jigs down,but couldn't buy a bite.Oh well now I know my boat is still in good working order and those spots I marked could payoff in the future.