Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: For anyone interested in GPS accuracy

Post Thanks / Like

Default For anyone interested in GPS accuracy

Just got my new high accuracy antenna from HB and it says the accuracy is sub-one meter accuracy so I think finding my spots will not be a problem now.

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Well let me know how that works for you Skip...

until I have a reliable source for validation (like you) it's just claims at this point.

Life has many choices, eternity has two...choose wisely.
    Unapplied biblical truth is like unapplied paint...how many gallons do you have sittin' around? U.D.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yankee doodler View Post
    until I have a reliable source for validation (like you) it's just claims at this point.
    I have not got mine installed yet, but one of the guys on that SI yahoo board told me it is that good. Actually he was talking about Hydrilla beds and how they have back hols in them and this should be accurate enough to mark the holes and get back to fish them.

I will tell what I see when I get the darn ting installed. Hope I can get it on this weekend.

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I discussed this GPS receiver (200.00 unit) with HB rep at Grizzly Jigs in January. I read the specifications on the UBlox chip set which is the heart of the High accuracy HB gps receiver puck. No doubt it is an accurate geo-reference device. However, it does not correct the slow screen refresh rate. This is per the HB rep. There were others present when I discussed this issue with HB. If HB gets the screen refresh going, then I will fork out the loot for the unit (and so will others). Till then, I will keep my loot and so will lots of other folks . MOAO
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, I'm into keeping the loot :D

Someday a 1197 or it's grandkid, but not till they fix some stuff.
    Shoals Area Crappie Association

Post Thanks / Like

I hope it works for you Skiptomylu. The awesome thing about this forum to me is reading posts like yours and Cane Poles.

On the one hand you have a guy willing to go for it and try the new technology.

On the other hand you have a guy that understands the new technology.

Where else are you gonna find that discussion?

Post Thanks / Like

Save your loot, Cane Pole is right on (of course?) new ant does nothing/nobody for slow GPS. Well may be one exception as I was told by person in know that his new ant did help find marked spots if & only if he was right on straight to the mark..... Said if he have to make a turn on approach to mark then it was back to slow GPS as the 997 would not correct fast enough & got confused. But I wish you well & hope it helps you. My 997 is going on the 3rd summer of use will not see new ant til & if??? they get SLOW GPS fixed & this is same reason I did not buy the 957 to accompany my 997 as I had planned. I am thinking of sellng 997 just waiting on SLOW GPS??? &/or outcome of Lowrance HD 8/10 units with Si. Like the story goes just "sitting on a fence"
    I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.....

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Canepole you should run for President or something or I could be up for adoption ...your call.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM TWEENER!
    Member of Tri-State Crappie Anglers

Post Thanks / Like

Well if it helps me find things that before I was not able to then all is well, but on the other hand the SI part is why I bought the unit and was lucky enough to get a great price and save loads of cash. I really like the Side View and probably would have paid what I did with out the GPS so nothing to lose there for me.

Then again if that thing slow or not will put me back in the same spot I will be happy.

Thanks for the info though and I did see one guy say the software helped the refresh rate some or it seemed to him. I have no idea since I have not even use the GPS on this unit yet, LOL!

It also let me put my LCX 27c up front for me to look at when using the TM. I am not going to be unhappy over the GPS one way or the other, but since it says sub-one meter accuracy then they better provide that. If it's slow so be it and I always have my GPS in the LCX anyway.

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jaxsprat View Post
    Save your loot, Cane Pole is right on (of course?) new ant does nothing/nobody for slow GPS. Well may be one exception as I was told by person in know that his new ant did help find marked spots if & only if he was right on straight to the mark..... Said if he have to make a turn on approach to mark then it was back to slow GPS as the 997 would not correct fast enough & got confused. But I wish you well & hope it helps you. My 997 is going on the 3rd summer of use will not see new ant til & if??? they get SLOW GPS fixed & this is same reason I did not buy the 957 to accompany my 997 as I had planned. I am thinking of sellng 997 just waiting on SLOW GPS??? &/or outcome of Lowrance HD 8/10 units with Si. Like the story goes just "sitting on a fence"
    Don't let the grass grow tall...:D
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast