Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: broken tip?

Post Thanks / Like

Default broken tip?

I broke a tip on a slab seeker rod (rod box closed on it). What's the best way to go about fixing it.

Post Thanks / Like

You can buy replacement tips at walmart that has a little piece of hot melt glue with it. Just take a lighter and heat the glue up and smear it on the rod tip and then push the new tip into place making sure the guides line up. That's it!
    It's not a passion! It's A very bad obsession!

Post Thanks / Like

It's not a regular rod tip. I wasn't sure that method would still work.

Post Thanks / Like

I fish a lot of docks. I try to jam my jigs in to too many places and snap tips almost every season. You can buy the replacement tips at wal-mart. Just cut the rod so the end has a cleaner break (cut). If it's jagged it won't last as long. I use a hot glue gun. you can buy one at your local craft/hobby store. After I glue the tip on, I usually wrap some green fishing line around the the metal (on the tip) and the rod. Use clear fingernail polish to seal the fishing line. It's just added security on case you catch GOLIATH
    Caught so many fish today my thumb is sore from clicking the counter.

Post Thanks / Like

you got the slab seeker that has an orange tip and is real flimsy on the end? if so i got two poles like that that i never use and will just send you one if you like using em...might help to post a pic to see if it is just like mine...

Post Thanks / Like

yep, that is them. orange tip. I'm with you, I just ordered 2 new poles from grizzly jigs. I'm gonna fix the tip just to have em. The wife will fish for about 30 min tops and then read. They'll be just the ticket for her. Thanks for your offer.