Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Wed nite on Wylie

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wed nite on Wylie

Went out last nite for the first time in 2 weeks. With the water temps coming down alittle in the last week or so I was hoping for a better nite than we been having recently. Got set up at 8:30. By 10;30 I had put 10 crappies--8 lifters and 2 slabs--in the boat and had caught two 5lb and one 7lb catfish. It was a hectic pace and I was lovin it. "Finally the drought is over "I thought. In the next hour and a half I caught another 3lb catfish and had absolutly no bites other than that. Just before midnite I decided that sleepin would be more fun than staring fruitlessly at the rodtips any longer. I was just puttin away the 1st of the last 3 rods when rod #2 dove down and the reel started screamin. I got in another 5 lb catfish and was releasing it when the last rod tip plunged toward the water and the drag on that reel started to sing. Yet another cat--about 4 lbs --to finish off the nite. Would have liked more crappies but the catfish were fun and I came home with dinner for four. Seems like things have improved but still have away to go. It was a beautiful nite and it felt good to be out catchin fish again. Might even go again tonite.
    One taste of the bait
    is worth the pain of the hook

clubeclectia.blogspot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Kunes , were you back in the creek where windjammer park is?We gave up on our spot at BB bridge because we had caught one crappie in 2 hours.Was riding around hunting a spot when I'm pretty sure I saw your boat really close to shore.We were in the pontoon that road by at 11:15 or so.Couldn't ever locate a decent spot on the depth finder (with fish on it anyway) so we called it a night.Sure was nice weather , but no crappies.Eric.
    Commercial fishermen help feed the world.

Post Thanks / Like

one good thing about the night is if you remove your shirt to enjoy the atmosphere, you aint gonna go home looking like a lobster laying on a tray waiting to be served..
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...

Post Thanks / Like

Ill tell you what at about 12:00 it was a little bit nippy at full speed going accross the lake.Wish I had taken a long sleeve shirt.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by big "E"
    Hey Kunes , were you back in the creek where windjammer park is?We gave up on our spot at BB bridge because we had caught one crappie in 2 hours.Was riding around hunting a spot when I'm pretty sure I saw your boat really close to shore.We were in the pontoon that road by at 11:15 or so.Couldn't ever locate a decent spot on the depth finder (with fish on it anyway) so we called it a night.Sure was nice weather , but no crappies.Eric.
    Yep, that was me. Marked alot of fish when I set up there. Turned on the depthfinder after the action died and had nothin but a blank screen. Had good bait under the lights--don't know what happened to em. A famous Lake Wylie nitestalker who has a famous boat told me the BB would be a good spot. Just goes to show who ya can trust
    One taste of the bait

Post Thanks / Like

Where is windjammer park???

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kunes
    Yep, that was me. Marked alot of fish when I set up there. Turned on the depthfinder after the action died and had nothin but a blank screen. Had good bait under the lights--don't know what happened to em. A famous Lake Wylie nitestalker who has a famous boat told me the BB would be a good spot. Just goes to show who ya can trust
    I picked up on that tip also.We set up under the bridge and were looking at a big brush pile with tons of fish in it.It was obviously well used because of the tie ropes someone left around the piling.(thanks whoever you are).But couldn't catch nothing but small cats.One crappie was boated in 2 hours so we pulled up.Should have stopped to speak to ya , but have only seen your boat in pictures .So I wasn't 100% sure it was you.Glad you caught some.Eric.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dontcatchmany
    Where is windjammer park???

Thanks
    Windjammer Park is a Tega Cay City park straight out from Ebenezer Landing.
    One taste of the bait