Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Just amazing.

in a VAN down by the RIVER, Georgia/Alabama line
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Just amazing.

I have seen skate boarders every where I have lived. I mostly just looked at them as with the word punk in mind. Well some are just younguns without the right direction. But some are just dedicated young people doing a sport they love. They are amazing Athletes. Most couldn't or never wanted to win the 100 yd dash, hit a 3 pointer, score a TD, or hit a baseball. They love to Skateboard. They tore up public and private property, scared old folks, and got a bad name. These kids and young adults are amazing in what they do.
    Friends and I had skateboards.. LOL metal wheels and no suspension. I did have one with neoprene wheels about 13. We just DUH rolled down hills. I have flew down some long steep hills. I look at those hills now and wonder what I was thinking.
    The things these kids of today do with a skateboard is amazing and they deserve some credit. Columbus, Ga Govt has built a nice skateboard park just off the chattahoochee riverwalk between the civic center and golden baseball park.

Look at this video if ya would and tell me what you think..sorry if ya feel I wasted your time..lol
    I was watching the discovery channel just now and saw this so I looked it up on youtube
    YouTube - Time Warp - Skateboard - Amazing! Must See!!! . www.TopFrees.com

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson

Post Thanks / Like

i argee smitty thats neat to see lol if i was to try that i might be able to walk again by next year

but on how some has made the rest look bad. your right on with that
    same go's for sportsmen when you read or hear about some guy over his limit of fish or shot to many ducks and hunting over bait or fishing with dinamite lol i had to put that one for my redneck friends
    but it makes all of us look bad no matter how much we hate what theses poeple do
    poepl has to stop putting poeple in the same boat and this world would be better off

anyways just a thought
    Alan

Post Thanks / Like

Smitty......My 16 yr old is the bomb along with his whole posse. These skaters have there on heros, clothing, shoes, culture, vocabulary etc etc.....I can spend 30 mins. around them and not understand what planet their from but all good kids. Their idols make fortunes. The endorsements these pro skaters get rival anyone in any entertainment field....It took me a long time to appreciate how fearless these kids are and believe me they wear their battle scars with pride. I just keep reminding folks that they were kids once and don't forget beatniks,hippies,disco,etc.............