Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: my last deer of the season in Illinois

Post Thanks / Like

Default my last deer of the season in Illinois

The boys and I have had a great year. My oldest son shot a doe and a 140 inch 10pt. The little one shot a 21 inch inside spread 6pt in the 120's. I shot a 130 8pt and a 151 12pt and 2 does with the bow and 4 does with my muzzleloader and tonight, I shot what I thought was a nice doe, but it had already dropped it's antlers. about 145 field dressed, probably one of the small 8pts that I have been letting walk by. that makes 12 and the season ends on Thursday. I am done. I go see the knee surgeon tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like

sounds like a excellent deer season congrats

Post Thanks / Like

hey, if you have residual issues next year getting around with your knee and all, I can come visit and help you into your deerstand. (Just be sure I have a stand down the road to hunt )

Post Thanks / Like

Dang you should have enough meat to last for a little while. Nice job
    Soldiers and Firefighters. Some people were meant to call 911, Some were meant to BE 911

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats, sounds like you guys had a great season
    Goodnight Vienna...Pistols Firing!!!

Post Thanks / Like

One of my boys is going to be away at college, so it might get a little lonely. We give a lot of the meat to a couple needy families and we eat a lot of it too.

Post Thanks / Like

That's great that you guys give what you cant eat away, we try to only shoot what we will eat in a years time but we almost always have plenty at the end of the season and end up giving meat away, I would much rather someone get to eat it than see it getting freezer burned before we can eat it.
    Goodnight Vienna...Pistols Firing!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, one family is,,,,,lets just say they have trouble. I give them them most of the meat they eat in a years time. I took 125 lbs of burger to a family tonight and he said he would get me permission on both the neighbors farms and then said that he wanted to get a nuisance permit , because there were still too many on the farm. I hate to shoot pregnant does...NO, I REALLY hate to shoot pregnant does. I wish he would just get it now, instead of waiting a while.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappie10 View Post
    Yeah, one family is,,,,,lets just say they have trouble. I give them them most of the meat they eat in a years time. I took 125 lbs of burger to a family tonight and he said he would get me permission on both the neighbors farms and then said that he wanted to get a nuisance permit , because there were still too many on the farm. I hate to shoot pregnant does...NO, I REALLY hate to shoot pregnant does. I wish he would just get it now, instead of waiting a while.
    You'll have the same amount of deer if you shoot her before the rut as you will if you shoot her pregnant. Go get 'em.