Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Hog Hunting

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hog Hunting

I didnt see much on this so i decided i would make a post on it. How has everyone done this year for those of us who hog hunt? I didnt do much hunting this year so i only killed one so far it was a small 70 pound hog boar. I saw one about 120 walk in front of me and i was beading on its shoulder when out from the polmedos three little piglets scurried out behind it. I couldnt bring myself to shoot it and know the piglets would starve later on most likley. Anyways that 70 lb sure tastes good.

Post Thanks / Like

EVILx, where are you hunting. We have some good hog populations on the Wheeler Wildlife refuge here in N Alabama, but Bow or Flintlock only. I like South Central GA for hogs.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rcfillingham View Post
    EVILx, where are you hunting. We have some good hog populations on the Wheeler Wildlife refuge here in N Alabama, but Bow or Flintlock only. I like South Central GA for hogs.
    I hunt Central florida and some times south florida.

Post Thanks / Like

Good area. My uncle lives in Davenport and has some great hog areas. He remembers when Disney property was hog heaven.

Post Thanks / Like

yeah i've heard from older family members that the Orlando area used to be just nothing there was barely a town. There would be pastures and woods that would be chock full of deer and hogs. I've always found it weird that no one down here hunts hog more. Most people hunt hogs around here during deer season or just before. I hunt em all year long i'll head out in the summer if theres enough of a breeze to keep me cool.