Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Best Crappie Lake in the US?

Post Thanks / Like

Default The Best Crappie Lake in the US?

I want to make a special trip to celebrate my pending big "5-0" birthday. I have been considering making it a Crappie based trip. I have heard mixed reviews about Weiss Lake in AL. I have heard recently that the best lakes are Enid and Grenada in MS.

What do you say?

How do I find a guide? The web appears to be limited when it comes to guide availability for the two MS lakes.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Sincerely,

TE

Post Thanks / Like

Ky. lake is a good lake too .

Post Thanks / Like

I like Weiss Lake, it's my home lake. Try this web site:Weiss Lake Alabama Crappie,Striper and Bass Fishing Guide

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mike_3720 View Post
    I like Weiss Lake, it's my home lake. Try this web site:Weiss Lake Alabama Crappie,Striper and Bass Fishing Guide
    Checked ya out. Never heard of anyone selling waypoints before. I got thousands of em on Ky Lake. I just give them away.........
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Default Best Crappie Lake in the country

In my opinion Grenada Lake is the best lake if you are looking to catch that 3 pounder. Enid would be a close second for the 3 pound crappie.
    My advise to you would be carefully pick a guide and let them guide you to the lake that is best for the time you have available to fish. If it were me I would take a shot with either a National Champion on the crappie tournament trail John Woods or John Harrison a consistent top performer on Grenada Lake. Both of these are great guides and will be entertaining as well as very good at what they do. You can find either of them at www.*************** | Dedicated to Crappie!

Post Thanks / Like

I've been fishing Weiss in the spring and fall since 92 and it is a great lake, however the last few years it hasn't produced like it used to. You might go and have a limit before 10am everyday or fish all day for just a dozen keepers. For a big trip I would look for Grenada or Eufala they seem to be more consistent than Coosa river lakes now.

Post Thanks / Like

Kentucky Lake

Post Thanks / Like

Climb on the LA, MS, and AL boards and look at fishing reports and big fish threads. I believe MS holds record for white crappie and LA for black. Any of these three states are subject to breaking the record next. There are a lot of really nice fish caught down here ever year. Find a guide you like and fish his lake and you will have a blast. After all, its the chasing that is the fun part. The catching is the icing on the cake. Not sure where you are from, but you stand to see some really neat wildlife even if you don't catch a lot of fish. While just fishing Ross Barnett, I have seen... Blue Herring, Eagle, fox, bobcats, snakes, turtles, alligators, beavers, nutria, hawks, owls, wild hogs, deer, waterfowl, more birds than I can name, coons, and many others just to name a few.

All that said, Y'all pack a pole, come on down, and "sit a spell" where they are "as big as they grow"!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Waypoints for sale

Hey Cane Pole those waypoints you got come with a guarantee? I must have 2000 points I got with the Hydrographics. I was amazed how accurate they were.

Post Thanks / Like

It depends alot on if you want to catch alot of fish or you want to try to catch big fish. Each of the Ms. lakes are popular for different reasons.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast