Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: At the Risk of Being Targeted by the Gov.

Post Thanks / Like

Default At the Risk of Being Targeted by the Gov.

I don't usually propagate unsolicited emails, but this one spoke the truth in a rhetorical way. Nonetheless, this is still the great nation for which to live in the world:

In the year 2004, the Lord came unto Noah, who was now living in the
    United States, and said, "Once again, the earth has become wicked and
    over-populated and I see the end of all flesh before me. Build
    another Ark and save two of every living thing along with a few good
    humans."

He gave Noah the blueprints, saying, "You have six months to build
    the Ark before I will start the unending rain for 40 days and 40
    nights".

Six months later, the Lord looked down and saw Noah weeping in his
    yard .... but no ark.

"Noah", He roared, "I'm about to start the rain! Where is the Ark?"

"Forgive me, Lord," begged Noah. "But things have changed. I needed a
    building permit. I've been arguing with the inspector about the need
    for a sprinkler system. My neighbors claim that I've violated the
    neighborhood zoning laws by building the Ark in my yard and exceeding
    the height limitations. We had to go to the Development Appeal Board
    for a decision. Then the Department of Transportation demanded a bond
    be posted for the future costs of moving power lines and other
    overhead obstructions, to clear the passage for the Ark's move to the
    sea. I argued that the sea would be coming to us, but they would hear
    nothing of it.

Getting the wood was another problem. There's a ban on cutting local
    trees in order to save the spotted owl. I tried to convince the
    environmentalists that I needed the wood to save the owls. But no go!

When I started gathering the animals, I got sued by an animal rights
    group. They insisted that I was confining wild animals against their
    will. As well, they argued the accommodation was too restrictive and
    it was cruel and inhumane to put so many animals in a confined space.

Then the EPA ruled that I couldn't build the Ark until they'd
    conducted an environmental impact study on your proposed flood.

I'm still trying to resolve a complaint with the Human Rights
    Commission on how many minorities I'm supposed to hire for my
    building crew.

Also, the trades unions say I can't use my sons. They insist I have
    to hire only Union workers with Ark building experience.

To make matters worse, the IRS seized all my assets, claiming I'm
    trying to leave the country illegally with endangered species.

So, forgive me, Lord, but it would take at least ten years for me to
    finish this Ark."

Suddenly the skies cleared, the sun began to shine, and a rainbow
    stretched across the sky.

Noah looked up in wonder and asked, "You mean, You're not going to
    destroy the world?".

"No," said the Lord. "The government beat me to it."
    Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

LOL.....Too funny ;-)

Post Thanks / Like

OUCH ........ that is almost too true .....
    Jim McIntyre
    [email protected]

in a VAN down by the RIVER, Georgia/Alabama line
    Post Thanks / Like

If you read that and don't believe it could happen you never tried to open a business, build anything that people can see or hear you build,get a permit,drivers lisense,tag,register a boat,ETC.........It is funny but oh how very true this would be.

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson

Post Thanks / Like

Wanna know how true ....read this slowly ...LOL

Needed to replace my Driver Licence before I went to Canada ( lost my wallet) , went to the BMV they want to see my birth certificate so I go to the board of health to get it ..... now here's is where it gets long .....

The woman of which I've known all my life , graduated high school and played baseball, basketball , football, and ran track with her son wants to see my DRIVERS LICENCE to prove it's me . I'm 34 years old damn it we've met ya know .... I had to call my father to come fill out the paperwork ( of which I stood there and done it , he just signed it ) to get my birth certificate .

Ya know I understand the whole " Patriot Act" and stuff like that ... but come on the woman called me by name .... we told stories about High School expliots while I was waiting on dad ....
    Jim McIntyre
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, she should have allowed you to obtain your licences without all the red tape. Especially, being that she knew you.

Quote Originally Posted by DmDuck
    Wanna know how true ....read this slowly ...LOL

Needed to replace my Driver Licence before I went to Canada ( lost my wallet) , went to the BMV they want to see my birth certificate so I go to the board of health to get it ..... now here's is where it gets long .....

The woman of which I've known all my life , graduated high school and played baseball, basketball , football, and ran track with her son wants to see my DRIVERS LICENCE to prove it's me . I'm 34 years old damn it we've met ya know .... I had to call my father to come fill out the paperwork ( of which I stood there and done it , he just signed it ) to get my birth certificate .

Ya know I understand the whole " Patriot Act" and stuff like that ... but come on the woman called me by name .... we told stories about High School expliots while I was waiting on dad ....

Post Thanks / Like

Drivers license.. My daughter got her's for the first time in Febuary. She was in GED classes and took the required forms from the school to get her license which they issued her that day. She passed the test first week of march and started the finacial aid for college. They needed a hard copy of her license to process her paper work. She never recievedher copy in the mail. So 1st week of April she calls to see why it hadn't come because the paper copy expired and the college could not accept it. Well her license was suspended on march 17 for not attending school. At this point she had her diploma and ready for college. But they suspended her license so she has no valid ID. Well she went to get it straight but the woman that handles reinstatements was not at work last week. We go yesterday and they want 150 bucks to make her license good or see the form she gave the DMV back in Feb. The computer said she had a scanned document, which was the form. Trouble is the document has not been scanned because they are behind at the state office and have to find it or she can just pay the 150.GRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrr The kid is 17 has her diploma, and starting college in Feb but no license because she is not enrolled in high school. BS.BS.BS. I am not paying 150 for the states mistake. That is unless they don't get it straight next week.

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson

Post Thanks / Like

I work for the state and will attest that the above statements are true and correct to the best of my knowlege.

Would give you more info on the state but I am behind on my quota of mis-filing forms and transfering calls from the right department to the wrong one.

Post Thanks / Like

Howdy all;
    here's a good one for ya. i'm on workers comp. (had to get a knee replaced) while i'm out i thought that i'd go back to college. (my company says that i have to be 100% or they have no job to slide me into), ok, i get in touch with the state buereau of vocational rehabilation (bvr). bvr says ok we'll pay your tution, fees and buy your books, workers comp. says ok, we'll pay you as long as you pass, BUT when ever you are not in school, you have to look for work. that includes the 2 weeks off for christmas, the 1 week off for spring break, and the summer. any job that fits in my restrictions i have to take. bvr says that if i have a job i don't need them any longer and no school. WHAT ARE YA SUPPOSED TO DO?????????
    tarfu yet

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tarfu
    Howdy all;
    here's a good one for ya. i'm on workers comp. (had to get a knee replaced) while i'm out i thought that i'd go back to college. (my company says that i have to be 100% or they have no job to slide me into), ok, i get in touch with the state buereau of vocational rehabilation (bvr). bvr says ok we'll pay your tution, fees and buy your books, workers comp. says ok, we'll pay you as long as you pass, BUT when ever you are not in school, you have to look for work. that includes the 2 weeks off for christmas, the 1 week off for spring break, and the summer. any job that fits in my restrictions i have to take. bvr says that if i have a job i don't need them any longer and no school. WHAT ARE YA SUPPOSED TO DO?????????
    tarfu yet

Just call around and ask places are they hiring.. If they say no go there and apply. Then you can say you applied for x amount of jobs but could not seem to find one. All the places you went seem not to be hiring anyone. Just your luck. right
    it works..I know a guy who knows a girl that knows this guy that did it and it will work :rolleyes:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast