Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Well I finally Decided On the Front Sonar

Post Thanks / Like

Default Well I finally Decided On the Front Sonar

I ended up getting a Lowrance X100C which is last years model. This year it's a X102C which has more pixels, but the X100C was on sale at Cabelas for $379 so I took it. The new X102C is also $499 so I give up a few pixels and save a $120.

This will be my first experience with a color unit so I can't wait to get it here in a few days.

I also am going to have it fixed to move back and forth from the front and the console and use my LMS 480 map with the X100C as the sonar. This should let me view sonar at any speed on my pontoon since the transponder will be at the front. Which as any of you that have or know the pontoons sonar mounted in the rear don't read while moving very fast at all.

So thanks for you guys help to get me off buying the bottom line sonar.

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

I purchased a 332c Lowrance and I am happy with it. Color is alot nicer than greyscale, I am sure you will be happy too. You might be able to also connect both depthfinders to the gps antenna. I do remember reading something when I install my 332 and this worked for several units. Only thing is they dont share maps or waypoints.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

I am really looking at the Lowrance color units, but they can get pricey . The 7" screen on the LCX-25/26 looks incredible, but at $1k or better, I am a little hesitant to pull the trigger . Wonder if the price will drop soon? Are there splitter cables available that will enable me to have the option to hook up the color finder at the front & back of the boat?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WoodGuy
    I am really looking at the Lowrance color units, but they can get pricey . The 7" screen on the LCX-25/26 looks incredible, but at $1k or better, I am a little hesitant to pull the trigger . Wonder if the price will drop soon? Are there splitter cables available that will enable me to have the option to hook up the color finder at the front & back of the boat?
    I would look at the 332 color its only a 5" screen but its plenty big. I would like to have the larger screens but they come with a huge price tag. And yes you can get a switchbox and then add another mount and power supply and you would be set.

Switchbox:
    http://www.lei-extras.com/store/sear...r+Switch+Boxes

A good price on lowrance units I used them and everything went smoothly:
    http://www.jollyannsales.com/FishFin...ishfinders.htm

Good luck
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

WoodGuy the X102 is 480x480 pixels just like my LMS480. However the X100c I got is still 320x240 Pixels whish is still good and it is last years model so you can get it at Cabela's for $379 which is a savings of $120 off the regular price. The only catch is when the run out they will not be able to get any more because the model that took it's place is the X102c at $499. I is not a 7" screen, but for the money I think it is a really good buy. It has all the features of the new one plus it has FishReveal™ and the new model does not have.
    Hope you get the one you are looking for.
    Here are both side by side....
    http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...ainCatcat21276

Peak Vise Dealer

Post Thanks / Like

I might consider the smaller screen at that price. Will they work on my Minn Kota Autopilot w/ universal sonar? I have the AP55 and i am using an X-75 on it now. I am using an older eagle at the console. I spend most of my time up at the bow/trolling motor and it would be nice if I could still use the built-in transducer on the AP55 and move it back when needed. I also have been eyeballing the Eagle 2000, but that one is pricey. A guy can dream....can't he? :D

Post Thanks / Like

Woodguy,

I don't know the answer to your question, but you can call Lowrance and they are pretty good about helping with questions. Here is their number: 1-800-324-1356

Hope that helps.

Peak Vise Dealer