Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Praise the Lord for all this rain...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Praise the Lord for all this rain...

I know somma yall might hate it, but I love it. Every minute it keeps rainin means more and more water in my timber that needs to flood before my season really get's going. This rain should do it. :D
    Mistah Kurtz - he dead
    A penny for the Old Guy

Post Thanks / Like

Crow, you got on any quackers yet?
    Goodnight Vienna...Pistols Firing!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Hey bud,

Naw, nothing to brag about yet. We busted a couple woodies last weekend, but it was hard huntin for just a couple shot opportunities. My cousin and I got up early and walked back to our timber hole expecting it to be flooded with a couple feet of water judging by the water in the close-by sloughs and fields. Nope. Bone dry.

So we wound up hunting a refuge. We got out there and were getting set up and about to throw the decoys when we realized that my cousin grabbed a bag of new decoys that hadn't been set up with weights . We got a few groups to work, but they'd never commit cause there were no decoys to seal the deal. Plus the ice kept refreezing every time we'd break it up.

In addition to this, we had been hangin our hats on cornfield lease that some deep pocketed fella from Memphis stole out from underneath us at the last minute. So we gonna have to get back to basics this year and hunt our timber holes and hunt the rivers. I'm in the process of painting my fishing boat camo as I write this so that we'll have a boat big enough to take down the Hatchie. Yeah I know, painting a boat in the middle of a rainy winter is not a good idea. But I rented a storage unit in town for some shelter from the weather. I pulled the boat off the trailer (it is one heavy SOB) and got to painting last night with a base layer of green. I hooked up a heater in there to help the paint dry. It was pretty dry by the time I left at midnight, so I'm thinking it's gonna work out. Tonight I'm paintin the inside of the boat, and I'm gonna put camo layers on it next week. I'll make another post with before and after pics when I got it all wrapped up. Here's a pic of the first stage...

So, like I said, hard huntin with not a lot to show for it. That's okay though. This rain should pick things up for us.

**EDIT: Oh yeah, and I realize painting the bottom of the boat is not necessary...I jus like to be thorough.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Black Crow; 12-11-2008 at 10:58 AM.
    Mistah Kurtz - he dead
    A penny for the Old Guy

Post Thanks / Like

As long as your heater keeps things warm I bet your paint job will turn out alright. I would paint the bottom as well, It's not gonna hurt anything and you might as well do it while you got it upside down anyway. I feel your pain on losing the lease to deep pockets. We've been needing some more grass to run the cows on. A place came up that has good grass and happens to be a prime deer and quail spot as well that bordered us. A certain deep pocketed oklahoma natural gas baron payed twice what the place was worth.
    Goodnight Vienna...Pistols Firing!!!