Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Great start this weekend

Post Thanks / Like

Default Great start this weekend

Well guys and gals, we had a pretty good opening weekend of rifle here in Oklahoma. Saturday morning I got set up on a spot over looking a watertank along a travel route we have been seeing a big buck on. This place is 80 acres of CRP grass with wheat across the road. As I was hunkered down in my thicket I saw movement at the other end of the field, sure enough 600 yards away was the big boy. He was chasing a doe and headed away from me. In about two minutes he was across the fence and 800 yards away. About 10 minutes later a small fork horn came about 30 yards from me and that's all I saw Sat morning. Got back to town and we helped my dad set 4" pipe in the ground for his new corrals. Saturday afternoon my friend, father and I went and set up on about 400 acres of wheat that borders more CRP ground. We got out to the field around 2:30 and saw a really nice buck we would have shot had he had both antlers. I got set up and about 5 I had a doe walk 40 yards from me so I dropped her, dad also shot a doe that night, all in all we saw about 40 deer that night. Sunday morning I woke up late but decided to go out anyway, I headed back to my thicket I sat in saturday morning and before I even got to the stand I had a nice doe looking at me about 60 yards away, shot her and set in the stand until my friend called me because he shot a doe that morning and needed keys to unlock the gate so we could load her up. I worked until about 9:30 last night processing deer and I've got several pounds of jerky meat already soaking in my secret jerky concoction. I am out of doe tags and don't get to hunt this weekend because we will be traveling, but weekend after this I plan to fill my buck tag. Here are pics of the doe my buddy shot and then the doe that I shot.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Goodnight Vienna...Pistols Firing!!!

Post Thanks / Like

good job sounds like u feeled the freezer this past weekend

Post Thanks / Like

Good job fella's---congrats!:D

Post Thanks / Like

Those should be YUMMY!!!! I love deer steaks.:p
    There's nothing like feeling that THUMP...FISH ON