Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Cool Weather

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cool Weather

What do ya'll think about this cool weather. It's got to have some kind of good effect on the fish. A few days of these record lows and I'd sure like to be on the water. However, I'm at work and won't be able to go for another two weeks.---Pooch

Post Thanks / Like

This weather is beautiful! Too windy today but we are going to give it a shot Monday.
    Jim and Tammy

Post Thanks / Like

Default Coolest August I Remember

Quote Originally Posted by Pooch
    What do ya'll think about this cool weather. It's got to have some kind of good effect on the fish. A few days of these record lows and I'd sure like to be on the water. However, I'm at work and won't be able to go for another two weeks.---Pooch
    Hey, Pooch.....I can't believe how nice it is. To me, August is the hottest month of the year, but with temps like this morning, seems like we should be going squirrel hunting. Dave, my fishing partner, spent all afternoon yesterday in a tributary (12 Mile Bayou) to Red River. He ended the day with 7 nice keepers and an unknown number of tater' chips released. These days in our area, it's a good trip. This has been an unusual summer to date, hopeing the cooler weather will hold on a little longer, but reality tells me we will have more hot weather. PS. Dave was using a pumpkinseed 1/16 oz. jig between 8 and 12 ft w/nibbles.

Post Thanks / Like

Pooch,If it got any cooler I don't think I could stand it,man this is
    wonderful fishing weather if only we didn't have the wind.Days like
    this you might find my boat drifting and me fast asleep.

Post Thanks / Like

Default JnT......

Quote Originally Posted by JnT
    This weather is beautiful! Too windy today but we are going to give it a shot Monday.
    JnT....good to hear from y'all, has the fishing improved in your area? Still slow here, but a few are being caught. The cool weather is a welcome change, maybe it will prove me wrong and stay for a while!! Oh, yeah, you have a post under the thread "Role call for LA fishermen." I think it was Deacon that posted it. Good luck Monday, let us know how you do.

Post Thanks / Like

labill, its been a month since we've been fishing.Hopefully will be able to go Monday-Wednesday.I'll definitely let ya'll know how we do.
    Jim and Tammy

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=labill]Hey, Pooch.....I can't believe how nice it is. To me, August is the hottest month of the year, but with temps like this morning, seems like we should be going squirrel hunting.

I agree. This has had me thinking about deer hunting. In the past, I'd lay down my pole when hunting season opened, but in the last ten years, I've had my best fishing trips in October and November. Now days, you're more likely to find me fishing, than hunting, at that time of year.---Pooch

Post Thanks / Like

Default crappie weather......

Quote Originally Posted by Pooch
    I agree. This has had me thinking about deer hunting. In the past, I'd lay down my pole when hunting season opened, but in the last ten years, I've had my best fishing trips in October and November. Now days, you're more likely to find me fishing, than hunting, at that time of year.---Pooch
    I used to do the same, when bow season opened I was sitting in a tree slinging pointed sticks at herbivores. The 14 years in Arkansas fishing crappie in spring and fall showed me I was missing out in the fall, so I had to make some adjustments. Worked out fairly well, but kept me busy. We'll both forget about hunting soon, it's more than likely it will get hot again before it cools down for fall weather. I'm sure I will do more fishing than hunting this year, I'm hooked......