Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hey Everyone

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hey Everyone

I am sitting here in a hotel room in Northern Indiana. And guess what... it is snowing here. I will arrive in WI tomorrow. Gonna do some deer hunting. Hopefully I will get one this year.

Post Thanks / Like

Hope you have a successful trip Jim!!

Post Thanks / Like

Well I'm sitting in a hotel about 20 miles northwest of Boston,Ma and all I'm gonna be doing is working up here all week. Sounds like your gonna have a heck of a lot better trip than me. Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like

Jim , every weekend it seems you are gone some where far from home... Not much time to fish buddy.... I hope you enjoy yourself

Post Thanks / Like

It is cold up here. Right now it is only 30 degrees. This Saturday, which is the deer opener, it will be around 10. I'm glad I got a heater for my blind to at least take the edge off the cold, but it will still be hard to sit still in that weather.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jafacman View Post
    Jim , every weekend it seems you are gone some where far from home... Not much time to fish buddy.... I hope you enjoy yourself
    This should be my last long distance trip until April.

Post Thanks / Like

good luck jim! if ya get a deer post a pick! i'd like to see what a big deer looks like all i got so far is a spike.
    Got crappie?:D

Post Thanks / Like

BRRRRRRRRRR bet it is cold , good luck and don't get sick if you can help it.

Post Thanks / Like

GOOD LUCK! I got the buck fever too! Wish we could come up with a SLABFEST/BUCKFEST!!!!
    Slab Masters Tournament Trail ............... www.slabmasterstournamenttrail.net

Post Thanks / Like

I am on my way back. Currently sitting in a hotel room near Chattanooga.

It sure was cold the opening day of deer hunting. It was 1 degree when I headed out to my blind. Even with it being so cold I sat until 10:30 before heading back to camp for lunch. I saw 3 does and a buck that morning. Didn't have a doe tag so couldn't shoot one of them. The buck busted me as I was raising my rifle, so no shot there either.
    Sunday morning I was headed back to camp at 11 when a spike stepped out onto the trail. I got off a quick shot, which unfortunatly was a gut shot. I tracked that deer for 3 hours and finally ran him down to get a second shot to finish him off. That was the hardest I ever worked for a deer. I was about to give up plenty of times, but I kept going as long as I had daylight. He field dressed at about 125-130 #'s. Probably weighed 160-170 live weight.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast