Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: tn rut

Post Thanks / Like

Default tn rut

has anyone seen any evidence of the rut going on in tn yet.just wondering because i have not seen any chasing so far

Post Thanks / Like

We are not seeing no chasing,but lots of rubs and scrapes.

Post Thanks / Like

I hunt in rhea county and a guy took a four point last weekend and it was chasing does he said. But i havn't seen and evidence personaly

Etowah, Tn. foothills to the Smokey Mountains
    Post Thanks / Like

Default McMinn County Area

Not seen anything yet other than scapes and horned trees but I have seen a increase in the number of scrapes this year compared to years past. I have seen many more and being visited more often. If anything picks up I'll pass it on. Got vacation starting next Sat for the next 3 weeks

Post Thanks / Like

I have found alot of scrapes too. I have seen a few bucks this year but they have all been by thereself. I think they ought to turn on around thanksgiving. Thats when they seem to anyway.

Post Thanks / Like

shouldnt be to long, here in central illinois the bucks have been chasing the does pretty good for about a week or two now. Lots of big bucks have been harvested because of their stupidity too! Check out this site to see some of the bucks, click on galleries at the bottom and 08 bow season...lots of deer but there is some dandy bucks too!

Stewarts Archery

Post Thanks / Like

I have seen several mature bucks chasing with small bucks out watching. I watched one really nice buck opening day of Muzzle loader chase a doe. He only had one horn but he would have been a shooter if he had the other. Im gonna let him breed all winter and hope nobody shoots him.

I live in the middle southern part of TN
    Brush Buster

Post Thanks / Like

78mudbug
    I hunt in Lincoln County and had a small 6pt chasing a doe up and around for 15 minutes on Sun am.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for all the info guys.i seen some proof today a doe ran across the road in front of me this afternoon and a buck was all over her hindend.so im guessing its getting started now.lets keep each other informed on what we see. by the way im in sumner co.

Post Thanks / Like

I saw a big racked buck bust'n through a field and there were does in the next field. He definitley had his mind on the women. I would say they are in full swing now.

The Hound

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast