Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Loz 4/26

Post Thanks / Like

Default Loz 4/26

I kicked the fishes butts again tonight, pretty much the same as Tuesday night. But with better results, 15 keepers. I could have been back sooner if I hadnt gotten the "I cant set the hook for nothing problem". I had one thumper that came in a 13 1/2" @ 1lb 3oz. Probably one of my better fish there year so far. Didnt see any fisherman out but several of the crap boats out. To bad would be some good fishing this weekend if it wasnt for them on the water. Might have to go out next week again, and try it. Bugman you missed out on another good night!
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on that 13+ inch fish that weighed over a pound!!

Post Thanks / Like

TAE73 ,

Just curious about your night methods of catching all these crappie! Lights ? Depth ?
    Type of Structure you look for ?? Jigs or winnows ?? you know all the info without giving away your secrets!!! Thanks in advance.

Shaun
    Don't take life so seriously, no one lives through it anyhow!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MoSam
    TAE73 ,

Just curious about your night methods of catching all these crappie! Lights ? Depth ?
    Type of Structure you look for ?? Jigs or winnows ?? you know all the info without giving away your secrets!!! Thanks in advance.

Shaun
    I fished from 6 to 8:15 last night, I just fished like normal summer/winter pattern. I dont get off work till 4, time I run home and get the boat and then drive a hour and half. And try not to fish after 8 because it makes for a long night. It was after 11 when I went to bed after cleaning fish. Getting up at 6 makes for a long day. Fished docks with brush piles ranging from 14-24 foot of water. Some of the fish came 2 or 3 foot off the bottom and others came 4 down. I rarely fish with minnow unless its with a cork. Last night was all jigs and kodiak scent, with the water as clear as it is I used light colored jigs, blue and white, red and white and clear sparkle. I will say the more time you can put in fishing the better it will pay off. I dont mind tellin to much, like a CUSA pro told me and Outlaw "I dont mind tell where and how I fished because with crappie it changes every minute". I know for sure the jig color changed from Tuesday night to last night. Because it started out slow and picked up, because my big fish came on my last cast of the night. So it was a good capper to the night.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!

Crappie Magnet Guest

Do you know any spots to put a boat in, where the osage and niagua come together?
    Crappie magnet

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crappie Magnet
    Do you know any spots to put a boat in, where the osage and niagua come together?
    Crappie magnet
    I know of 3, the public access (free) on the niangia about 7-8 miles from the mouth. There is a ramp at the bridge that crosses the osage and its 10 bucks. Or you can put in around purvis beach area 39mm, 5 to 8 bucks and then run down.
    Ted

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks TAE73, I fish at least 5 days out of the week but I have a 12 year old son that lives for two things, fishing and baseball. He plays on 3 teams this time of the year and we have games almost every night of the week. My reasoning for asking is I have not fished much at night other than for catfish and was curious about your tactics. My son is really wanting to fish more and i was thinking that we could maybe slip out during the evening when he has an early game. Thanks again for the info.

Shaun
    Don't take life so seriously, no one lives through it anyhow!!