Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Opossum Lake

RonCat Guest

Default Opossum Lake

Anybody fished it in the last week? I was out Saturday bass fishing and left when the wind picked up and the T/M batteries faded quickly.

If ya see a red BassCat out there stop by and say hey. Ron

Post Thanks / Like

Ron, you do any good on that lake for crappie? I dont live too far from there and fish Pinchot alot. I'm sure theres some good crappie in there though

RonCat Guest

I've done OK, with a couple real good days. Most have been under 14", with just a handful over that. Plan to head out early tomorrow (Memorial Day) for a few hours. About 10 days ago the crappie were up shallow and spawning, so I expect by now they have moved off.

Post Thanks / Like

Whats some good spots on Possum lake?? Or do you have to use a boat to get after them?? I've tried a couple of spots with little or no luck..

Tux

Post Thanks / Like

Tux, Ive done best fishing from a boat. This time of year can be tough from the bank with all of the weeds. Bite has been real slow. I want to night fish it but you have to be outta there by 10PM which kind of effects be able to fish at night. Anyone ever try after dark, ever get runoff by anyone?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tube4Slabs
    Tux, Ive done best fishing from a boat. This time of year can be tough from the bank with all of the weeds. Bite has been real slow. I want to night fish it but you have to be outta there by 10PM which kind of effects be able to fish at night. Anyone ever try after dark, ever get runoff by anyone?
    This was only my second time being there.. I went sorta early in the morning(630 am), but according to the signs you can be there as early as 5 a.m.,...
    If I can do it, it'll have to be on the weekend, to get up that early.. Btw, there's a lot of green slop or bloom of some sort up there in a bunch of the coves. I'd be willing to bet if I had a boat, I'd do pretty good up there, along the edges.. Although I did a lot better than most of the boaters up there by working the shoreline in my leaky waders .. I'm looking at getting a boat of some sort next year for fishing..

If I go next weekend early(5 am), I'll give a shout as to how I do...

Tux

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tube4Slabs
    Yepper they do kick you out @ 10 up there at Possum lake.. Not sure if its all the time but definitely happened saturday nite for me, since I was the last person up there...lol

Tux