Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Good Bet for Friday?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Good Bet for Friday?

I think I might take the day off Friday and target some crappie for the first time this year. Any suggestions as to where to go for some good action? I prefer to keep it in either King or Pierce county and on a relatively small lake. I would make an exception for Silver Lake in Cowlitz county if reports are good.

I know about Sammamish but would like to take my tippy little car topper to a smaller lake.

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't heard anything about Silver Lake for at least three weeks now. They should still be biting good around the pads and canals on the west end. You can call the hotel and get a report. If you can carry your boat there's always the launch at Erickson's on Lake Kapowsin. My dad and little brother got into a good mess of bluegills and crappie last thursday down there fishing in the pouring rain. Lake Dolloff (2nd best bet), Sawyer (best bet), Fenwick, Trout (in Federal Way), and Spring (aka Otter) should all be kicking out fish now.

Post Thanks / Like

If you drive a little further north theres a lot of good crappie lakes around the monroe snohomish area.Like Chain lake, Panther Lake, Lake Cassidy, and theres some sloughs .In Carnation Theres Sikes lake if your boat is easy to carry. Theres also horseshoe lake too.If you want to catch some huge bluegill go to lake alice in fall city.
    Eat your wheaties
    Okuma
    Sniper Lures Custom Baits
    Fetha' 'styx Custom Rods
    Outlaw Baits
    Reaction Innovations
    XS ENERGY DRINKS

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, SlabKing and Bassman! Now I have too many to choose from. Decisions, decisions. Wherever I go I will be sure to post a report to let you know how I do.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bassman
    If you drive a little further north theres a lot of good crappie lakes around the monroe snohomish area.Like Chain lake, Panther Lake, Lake Cassidy, and theres some sloughs .In Carnation Theres Sikes lake if your boat is easy to carry. Theres also horseshoe lake too.If you want to catch some huge bluegill go to lake alice in fall city.
    I want to catch some Bluegills! been years. How do you get to Alice lake and how do I fish it!
    Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Wel from fall city go to fallcity preston road and then take a left up lake alice road,follow it to where it makes a y and then take a left and go about a 1/2 mile to the launch,Its on the right and it is a state launch.
    Eat your wheaties
    Okuma
    Fetha' 'styx Custom Rods
    Outlaw Baits
    Reaction Innovations
    XS ENERGY DRINKS

Post Thanks / Like

Well I was hoping to post a more glowing report but it wasn't in the cards. I took SteveOnRiver from Gamefishin.com and we hit Lake Kapowsin pretty hard from 6 a.m. to 2:30. Steve is from Idaho and fished Brownlee and other areas for many years and is dying to find some good crappie fishing. We only managed to find 2 crappie, several nice perch, some bluegills, a couple rock bass, one LMB, 5 rainbows and 1 cutthroat. The folks at Ericksons thought it was still a little early for crappie but said some folks who know the lake are hitting some. We covered most of the lake and used a variety of jig styles and colors, as well as bait. Maybe we will do better next time.

Thanks to all who provided suggestions on where to go.

Post Thanks / Like

Good Job sounds like you guys got some fish for the frying pan!Did you get big bluegills?
    Eat your wheaties
    Okuma
    Fetha' 'styx Custom Rods
    Outlaw Baits
    Reaction Innovations
    XS ENERGY DRINKS

Post Thanks / Like

Most of the bluegills were small and we tried to release the few females that hadn't spawned. We did catch several real nice perch, but only in one spot on the lake.

I have Monday off and need to do some fishing so I may try it again. But then again, I may have to go chase some steelies too. All these decisions; it's tough being a fisherman! :D