Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: The Moon, Eagles, and Fish, no crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Default The Moon, Eagles, and Fish, no crappie

10/20/08

Ok it was a very cold this morning. :rolleyes: 28 degrees start this morning. :rolleyes:
    I stayed took the extra time to let the temp get to 32 before I left the house. Clothes, cooler, gear, camera, scrap the ice off the windows and FORGET the DEPTH FINDERS.

So when I got to the fishing spot, I jumped up an Eagle. Didn't get the camera out for a good shot. I fish all around this spot that has been hot but didn't know the depth that I was on. It's a big flat with a drop, didn't know if I was in the right spot or not, but did my best. With no luck there or the other side. I decide to take a cool picture of the moon.

So after I eat and fish the 1st spot again, I head back down to a deep bank. Next thing ya know there is an Eagle, than another. With one perched and other was making a fly by with I got this cool shot.

Was skunked till I got a hit on the 3" rib grub and throw right back in with the 2" rib grub and pulled in my 1st fish of the day.

Then a few cast later another little pike, but this one was all measles.

Then I got up next to a bridge pillar and scored this nice smallie.

Then on the other side of the pillar was a hungry rockbass, look at his inhale that 1/4 oz. 3" rib grub.

Then I throw back over for another pike.

Next time I need to bring my tripod, LOL.
    I thought the day was bummed out when I forgot the depth finders and was fishing blind. :hairpull: Started out cold and fishless, but ended up with a nice 5 fish mix species day.

Fish On!
    Tap!, Fish On!
    99.9% C&R fisherman
    NAFC Life Member & field tester
    Take a child fishing today, for smiles that last a lifetime.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a great day!

Thanks for sharing!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

coulda been alot worse!!

Fatman