Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: new scentlok fan

Post Thanks / Like

Default new scentlok fan

I got a scentlok set of clothes for Christmas last year and finally wore them tonight. I had 9 does in the field downwind of me that had NO idea I was there. Because of those clothes, there now is only 8 does in that field.
    THANKS scentlok

Post Thanks / Like

Ha, congratulations.

I like the idea of those scentlok clothes and I have heard good things about them, I just never wanted to spend the money. Maybe Christmas this year.
    Mistah Kurtz - he dead
    A penny for the Old Guy

Post Thanks / Like

exactly as I thought. I hadn't even worn them until last night. I guess I just didn't have quite enough faith in them. I got mine on ebay and got a great deal. just put in a search for "scent" and it will pull all brands.

Post Thanks / Like

I always wear my Scent Blocker clothes and it has made a believer outta me.I cant count the times deer have been down wind of me on stand or the ground and never knew i was there.I also am a firm believer in Dead Down Wind scent eliminator spray.That stuff is awesome.:D
    There will be days when the fishing is better than one's most optimistic forecast, others when it is far worse. Either is a gain over just staying home.

Post Thanks / Like

I have never tried them, guess the price keeps me away. But on another note, I have killed several deer that were down wind from me, and a few of those times I had to put my cigarrette out in order to shoot... but I also climb about 35 to 40 feet up the tree to hunt and when you are that high up the squirrells are the only thing that can smell you...lol
    You can't fish with a hung line!

Post Thanks / Like

If I had that stuff, I would use it, I reckon. I just have a simple method that works and keeps me from spending the money on Scentlok goodies.

Here's what I do.

Before season and about every fifth trip out, I turn my camo wrong side out and set the washer to the gentle cycle. I then add a cup of Arm and Hammer Baking Soda and wash them in it.

Hang outside to dry and then stuff in oversized plastic zip-lok bags (or equivalent). You can get them in the clothes storage (housewares) section at Walmart. The bags last for years. Just put your clothes in, and begin at the bottom and roll them tight, forcing the air out, then seal. I just throw these bags in a plastic box for all my huntin' stuff and use as necessary.

I wash the soles of my leather boots a couple times a week (I hunt every other day these days) and dust the inside with baking soda, emptying it out before I don them.

I go straight to my tree stand and I don't meander through the woods. That way if there is a 'fresh' trail of me, there is only one and I will know the direction from which I came and can act accordingly before buckzilla crosses my lead-in path.

I just kiss. It makes perfect sense. Oh yeah, in between hunts, everything is hung up outside. I don't enter the house with my camo. The next morning, I retrieve the Predator stuff, shake it out vigorously (for spiders, etc) and put it on and get out of the house asap.

It is rare that I have a scent problem with deer...and I don't spend all that money sos I have a little extra to buy an arrow or three when needed .

Congrats on the kill. She will eat good! (Go to Chef2Chef.com and search on venison for great recipes on ANYTHING) <><

aj

Post Thanks / Like

I shot a really nice 8pt that was EXACTLY down wind of me at 14 yards Oct 28th. He was trailing the doe that I let pass by 20 minutes before. I cannot believe the difference it has made. I know it has been expensive, but it's worth it if you can get some. Don't forget the head cover too.