Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: wylie tuesday night

Post Thanks / Like

Default wylie tuesday night

we hit a new hole on the north end of wylie last night and wound up with a decent mess of slabs for the guy that went with me . the water temp had dropped from 90 on my last trip down to 84. hopefully the temp is gonna start down and get the fish turned on again. the fish bit slow, but what was hiting was for the most part slabs. we finished up the nite with 18 crappie, of which 13 was slabs and the rest was lifters. we caught around a dozen catfish and a brim also. the wind was rough and we couldnt set up where i wanted . I was wanting to set up under the BB bridge since that used to be one of my favorite spots and i havent got around to fishing there this summer so we went upriver till we found a place sheltered from the wind. it was a good looking spot that will get some more of my attention soon. we dint see no fish on the sonar at all anywhere we went. Im hopin some of this rain headed our way from these storms in the gulf will cool the water off enought to change the bite. Im ready for a change
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the post Rango. I was just thinkin about goin down to the bait shop to get some minnows for tonite when I logged on to the board and read your report. I thought maybe this little drop in temp would turn em on but looks like that isn't the case. Think I'll give em alittle more of a rest. At least ya got some nice ones.
    One taste of the bait
    is worth the pain of the hook

clubeclectia.blogspot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a better night at the very least.I've heard the fish will move up the lake as the water cools and then come back down again when it cools down.Haven't ever tried the theory , but it seems to have done something for you.Going down to marion again this weekend to give the cats another try.Wish me luck.Eric.
    Commercial fishermen help feed the world.

Post Thanks / Like

eric have you tried slow drifting down there yet? If theres no wind, i been thinking of using my little honda and pulling the baits like i would if i was trolling for crappie a pulling jigs. im gonna try to go down on the weekend of the 28th and see what i can do with em. My next couple night outings for crappie will be for bait to take down . what about using pole floats incase you anchor or tie off? have you tried that yet?
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't tried drifting as I aint been able to buy the socks yet.I contemplated using the buckets but didn't want to start out on the wrong foot.What exactly do you mean when you say pole floats?I'm not familiar with the term.My trip for this weekend got postponed obviously , sat. at santee the weather says 35mph. winds and heavy rain.What a bummer.I might try to slide into lake wylie this weekend if the weather does something different for a while.I'd like to put some more crappie in the freezer as I've run out.Eric.
    Commercial fishermen help feed the world.