Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Lake Washington and Sammamish Spawn

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Lake Washington and Sammamish Spawn

If you want to catch some slabs up shallow NOW is the time. Fished Lake Sammy on Saturday and Washington on Sunday. Crappies (males at least) are on their beds now and killing anything that comes within 2ft of their beds. Most of the fish I caught from Sammamish were in 8 to 16 feet of water with a few females (full of eggs) caught in 20'. The males have built the nest and are waiting for the females. Over 40 fish caught from L. Sammy....all were released. I'll be back after the spawn to get a few for the freezer :D.

Same deal on L. Washington but the water was not clear enough to sight fish so I was left blind casting to fish I knew were on their beds by now. They are just starting to build beds on Washington so the you had to cover a lot of water to catch fish. I pulled about 16 from Washington in 2 hours of searching for them.

Nailed a few good bass as well. Lots of fish still on beds but lots more are following post-spawn patterns now. Larger fish fish were all caught from water 15 feet or deeper on rockpiles, bulkheads and points.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hot Damn- My Faith Is Back

Quote Originally Posted by SlabKing
    If you want to catch some slabs up shallow NOW is the time. Fished Lake Sammy on Saturday and Washington on Sunday. Crappies (males at least) are on their beds now and killing anything that comes within 2ft of their beds. Most of the fish I caught from Sammamish were in 8 to 16 feet of water with a few females (full of eggs) caught in 20'. The males have built the nest and are waiting for the females. Over 40 fish caught from L. Sammy....all were released. I'll be back after the spawn to get a few for the freezer :D.

Same deal on L. Washington but the water was not clear enough to sight fish so I was left blind casting to fish I knew were on their beds by now. They are just starting to build beds on Washington so the you had to cover a lot of water to catch fish. I pulled about 16 from Washington in 2 hours of searching for them.

Nailed a few good bass as well. Lots of fish still on beds but lots more are following post-spawn patterns now. Larger fish fish were all caught from water 15 feet or deeper on rockpiles, bulkheads and points.

NICE PICTURES I'M HOPING WE CAN GET A LITTLE HEAT AND SUN DURING THE FULL MOON SO I CAN PROWL THIS WEEK/ PEACE/BADBOY

Post Thanks / Like

wow, nice job! where on washington did you get those crappie?

Post Thanks / Like

at least somebodys catchin fish

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by urban_fisher1
    wow, nice job! where on washington did you get those crappie?
    PM Sent .

Post Thanks / Like

Nice fish. I saw alot of crappie staging at sammamish last time I was there.(Weekend before last.)
    Eat your wheaties
    Okuma
    Sniper Lures Custom Baits
    Fetha' 'styx Custom Rods
    Outlaw Baits
    Reaction Innovations
    XS ENERGY DRINKS