Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Property Tax On your boat.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Property Tax On your boat.

On serious note this morning: How many of you have pleasure or leisure tax in your counties ? Also how many of you feel it is wrong to be taxed on your boat? I know Houston County had a tax on tractors,boats and airplanes at one time and was ruled unconstitutional,so they had to stop,don't know if they started back up.I know for a fact Worth Co. my county, now has one on marine equip. cause I'm sitting here looking at it and just doesn't sit well with me.
    Last edited by Outlaw1&2; 10-02-2008 at 09:44 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Henry county included in taxing everything possible.One reason I seldom vote for same person second time around.
    CATCH FILLET

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

i git a form to fill out every year . sent in the value of my boat . there isn`t enough value to tax. my daughter works for the tax accessories office said they don`t tax a boat that is in a low value .
    Now the road tax on fuel . we pay that when we purchase fuels for our boats it is never run on land .. when you have to buy at a marina it is a lot more than the road fuel . when you buy fuel for tractors it has NO road tax . gas or diesel.
    retired and now i will always fish

Post Thanks / Like

Baldwin County is the worst of taxes. Last year they went from the lowest value on my boats (all over 10 years old)to the highest book value to tax me. My property tax on the lake go up about $500 per year. I live in district #5 and we pay 3/4 of the taxes paid in the entire county. I found out you cannot beat city hall. We tried to organize and had a great county commissioner helping us. It did no good.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, Houston County is back at it! I got my "request" in the mail earlier this year about a boat I don't own anymore and for the one I did own this year and looks like I have to claim both boats this year! I don't know the damage yet............
    Slab Masters Tournament Trail ............... www.slabmasterstournamenttrail.net

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

they go by what you have regustared you might list it as sold and wan`t have to pay tax on the one you don`t have anymore . with the value of homes dropping the millage rate will probabley go up
    retired and now i will always fish

Post Thanks / Like

I propose a Golfers, Bowlers and and Jet ski Tax and drop the boat Tax! I feel like we all as boat owners are being singled out and made to pay a tax that that doesn't make good sense.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw1&2 View Post
    I propose a Golfers, Bowlers and and Jet ski Tax and drop the boat Tax! I feel like we all as boat owners are being singled out and made to pay a tax that that doesn't make good sense.
    AGREED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Golfers do way more "driving" than we fisherman/women do !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Slab Masters Tournament Trail ............... www.slabmasterstournamenttrail.net

Post Thanks / Like

Live in Houston Co. Own a 2001 Ranger 617. Over $200.00 taxes last year!

Post Thanks / Like

I pay a county boat tax where I live and agree it's wrong.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast