Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new chainsaw

Post Thanks / Like

Default new chainsaw

went to buy a new echo chainsaw today and they did not have the one i wanted in stock so i was looking at the husqvarna and the salesman said they were excellent saws but he would not say they were better than echo. i have had an echo trimmer,edger, & blower for ten years and they have been great. i really liked the husky and it was the same price. anybody have one, i'm thinking about going back and getting it.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Saw

Yep, it's hard to beat an Echo anything... I think mine is a 440 and it has no shortage of power.. great for around the house.. no problems from any of my echo epuipment... lime trimmer, blower, saw.. I would definatley recomend.. My Father (foulhook) has two Huskavarna's and they have been good to him.. One of them has been in the shop but he uses his around the farm... I say get the Echo.

http://www.echo-usa.com/prods_list.a...egory=CHAINSAW

CS-440
    45 cc.

Fast and agile with a superior power-to-weight ratio.
    Last edited by JusFshn; 09-18-2008 at 03:09 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Keep it clean chain sharp and oil in the gass and you cant wear eather out. husky has a real saw" rancher" I think for around $350.00. it is a real chain saw.

Post Thanks / Like

i liked the features of the husky and it "looked" like a real saw more so than the echo. i don't know much about husqvarna but it felt good holding it and the guy told me it was a quality saw. i use a chainsaw quite a bit and i want a good one. i've had a homelite for years and it was ok but it was hard to crank and even harder to work on. i looked at new homelite at home depot and seemed very cheep but i guess u get what u pay for. i try to avoid home depot at all costs. it's hard to find parts for homelite also.

Post Thanks / Like

get the husqvarna i have used them for years excellent saw
    The fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad

Post Thanks / Like

I used to own a Husky and really liked it. Took it in for a routine check up and the shop (no longer in business) screwed it up. They gave me a great deal as compensation on a Stihl. I like the Stihl but wish I had the Husky back. My dad has had his Husky for 30 years and it is still going strong.
    I never checked out the Echo brand so I can't say anything good or bad about that brand.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by skintback View Post
    i've had a homelite for years .
    I think homelite used to make a good saw if I'm not mistaken.. I think I remember my uncle had one with bow bar on it..The only ones I've seen latley are light weight throw away saws..... I have used both the Husky and Echo.. They are both Dynamite saws.. One way or the other you are going to pay over $300.00 for a saw that you won't be disapointed in.. foulhook has one of them $800.00 Husky's that will root with the best of em.. Depends on what your doing with it and how much use its going to get.. Personally I wouldn't settle for anything less than 45cc and a 18" bar
    for the light work.. Let us know how it which one you buy.. whichever one you get.. Keep the snout out da dirt!!

Post Thanks / Like

i have a husky and i have had it for 10 years i dont even thinki have changed the pug that thing eats trees up when this one finly dies ill get another for sure

alan
    Alan

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Husqvarna Rancher 455, been a dang good saw,been through %$^^ still going strong with no complaints, but my next one will be a big Stihl.
    Last edited by Outlaw1&2; 09-18-2008 at 10:25 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

my maw in law used to work at homelite and she got me a super xl about 30 years or more ago through an employees discount. its been one of the best saws ive ever owned. it come with a 20 inch bar. the saw housing is made of metal and not plastic, like saws are today. ive had several small homelites but none of em has lasted like the superxl. wood has been my only source of heat since i bought the saw and its had a real workout over the years. id hate to think how many chains ive went through. its a heavy saw and will tackle the biggest trees with no problem. about ten years ago i bought a poulan with 18in bar for limbing that give me great service till i loaned it and they crossed the gas and oil filling and messed it up. i liked using it and it give me good service, using it for most of my firewood cutting, except for the bigger stuff. it took me awhile to get it running enough to cut with after i loaned it , and it still aint right, but till then it was a good saw. my next saw will be a Husky.
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast